Bugtracker recent changes

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wmayer
Founder

Re: Bugtracker recent changes

Post by wmayer »

I have changed my PW right now. There are two things I have realized:
  1. When I want to go to the preferences page of my account I get this error:
    APPLICATION ERROR #26

Data Type mismatch. Enable detailed error messages for further information.
    Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.
  2. I got a couple of emails from some restored tickets. Now the layout of the text is broken again that I have reported a couple of months ago and Kurt was able to fix.
Btw, how are the PWs saved in the database? Are their hash values saved or the PWs directly?
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

wmayer wrote: Btw, how are the PWs saved in the database? Are their hash values saved or the PWs directly?
They are hashed (and I believe, but can't confirm right now, they are salted as well)
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

kkremitzki wrote:
wmayer wrote: Btw, how are the PWs saved in the database? Are their hash values saved or the PWs directly?
They are hashed (and I believe, but can't confirm right now, they are salted as well)
That's great. Thanks!
fab

Post by fab »

Hi all,

I feel very sorry to have to solicit you while you have so much to do to restart Mantis, but it seems that neither my user account nor my first bug report #3002 were recreated when restoring Mantis. So, what should I do? Do I have to wait a few more days or do I have to (re)create my Mantis'user account?

Regards,

-- Fab
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

fab wrote:Hi all,

I feel very sorry to have to solicit you while you have so much to do to restart Mantis, but it seems that neither my user account nor my first bug report #3002 were recreated when restoring Mantis. So, what should I do? Do I have to wait a few more days or do I have to (re)create my Mantis'user account?

Regards,

-- Fab
@fab please setup your user and recreate the ticket. Thanks for your message.
FYI, your ticket is still available through freecad.io/tracker
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Actually we can't let anyone recreate tickets because we need the tickets to be in order. If someone creates a ticket out of order it will mess up the chronology. So Kurt, can you make sure people cant open new issues yet?
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
fab

Post by fab »

@kunda1: I do not have any idea how it could be possible for me to recreate ticket #3002 with the same ID... maybe the right thing to do is to recreate my account so that a Mantis administrator could recreate and link a new #3002 ticket with my account. What do you think?

Regards,

-- Fab
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

fab wrote:@kunda1: I do not have any idea how it could be possible for me to recreate ticket #3002 with the same ID... maybe the right thing to do is to recreate my account so that a Mantis administrator could recreate and link a new #3002 ticket with my account. What do you think?
::thumbs up::
fab

Post by fab »

@kunda1: I've recreated my Mantis account's ID using my BB Forum ID as the Real User Name on Mantis, so that one will be able to associate my Mantis account's ID with #3002 bug report.

Regards,

-- Fab