Call for screenshots

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
lhf

Re: Call for screenshots

Post by lhf »

this is an old model-engine, it is called The Whippet. I showed some pics ealier in this forum.
ModelEngine1.jpg
ModelEngine1.jpg (86.77 KiB) Viewed 26475 times
ModelEngine2.jpg
ModelEngine2.jpg (111.74 KiB) Viewed 26475 times
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Very nice! :)
lhf wrote: I showed some pics ealier in this forum.
You show as a new user, I had to approve your posts. Did you register under a new nickname? Don't you want to salvage the old account with its post history? We can do that.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I do believe a image or two from this tutorial should be directly used for slideshow purposes:

http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... h_tutorial

Arch Workbench in FreeCAD 0.14 has really taken off and more emphasis on that fact is needed. The tutorial itself will probably remain useful for at least a year or two.
gsuter

Post by gsuter »

A accurate colour image of a 532nm green laser for production.
Some optical elements are shown
Attachments
green laser with housing.png
green laser with housing.png (388.09 KiB) Viewed 25944 times
Gauthier

Post by Gauthier »

Hi Yorik,

This is the screenshot of my double extruder for my reprap PRUSAi3 :
FreeCADExtruderDouble.jpg
FreeCADExtruderDouble.jpg (208.05 KiB) Viewed 24920 times
@++
Gauthier.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Very nice model! Certainly will use it next time I update the homepage...
murdic

1950s Lotus racing wheel

Post by murdic »

Here's mine. It's a model of an iconic racing wheel that Lotus used on cars from around 1957 to 1963 or 64, including being on the 1963 World Championship-winning type 25. I was pretty amazed that FreeCAD could do the web and blend it into the rim and hub, but I'm finding that doing the same things with the same file only works some of the time, which is frustrating. It's always unions that fail.
Attachments
FreeCAD wobbly web wheel.jpg
FreeCAD wobbly web wheel.jpg (245.24 KiB) Viewed 24725 times
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Amazing work, well done!
Yes, these complex boolean operations are notoriously a weak point of OpenCasCade, our geometry kernel. But, even so, it's the best we have in the open-source world, and it's in constant evolution. And certainly pushing it to its limits like you did here are one of the best things people can do to make it evolve more.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
1950s Lotus racing wheel for sale online http://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Lotus-15-s ... 1387198447
mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
murdic

Post by murdic »

yorik wrote: these complex boolean operations are notoriously a weak point of OpenCasCade, our geometry kernel. But, even so, it's the best we have in the open-source world, and it's in constant evolution.
I found out what I'd been doing that that OpenCasCade didn't like: the parts that I was trying to add had been trimmed against extrusions of the same web face. Even though they'd been trimmed at different levels so that the parts' volumes overlapped, the kernel behaved as if they had been trimmed against coincident faces, which used to be something to avoid even with commercial kernels in times past. Once I'd changed what I'd been doing slightly to make each trimming face slightly different, the additions that had been unreliable became consistently reliable.