serviteur wrote:Cant you help me how to write X,Y Coordinates from Excel LibreOffice ?
How I cant write Point cloud file from my X,Y Coordinates (above) to Import Point Cloud?
To import a sample point cloud:
- download from the following post the file terrain-points-fc.asc.txt, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12796&p=103467#p103467
- remove the .txt from the file
- Start FreeCAD -- Change to workbench points
- Menue Points --> import point cloud --> terrain-points-fc.asc
- Menue View --> Standard views --> Axonomoetric
- Menue View --> Standard views --> Fit all
To import your point cloud, the file should have the same format than terrain-points-fc.asc
If you have the points in three columns in LibreOffice (see screen for terrain-points-fc.asc), you can export them from LibreOffice by:
File --> save as --> deactivate automatic file extension (use asc) --> activate filter preference --> put in some file name (mypoints.asc) --> save --> a pop up comes up --> change span separator from comma to space and click ok.
For me the file has the same format than terrain-points-fc.asc
great new tool, gives more flexibility ...