Youtube channel

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Youtube channel

Post by yorik »

Apparently we can do this:
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (45.37 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
Now I think all of you who produce videos, I suggest you ask Jürgen to add you as managers of the Google+ page. I believe he won't have any problem with this, you are all good people after all :)

I'm experimenting a bit now with youtbube features, I'll try to add bejants and quick61s videos...

In the meantime, do you think I should post an offical 0.14 announcement there? It seems a bit late to me, but better late than never...
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

yorik wrote:I'll try to add bejants and quick61s videos
Some of mine were replaced with newer ones that synth voice to match the captions, so the good ones are listed here. My suggestion is to not bother with my other tutorials..
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

rockn wrote:Yeah,
FreeCAD G+ page have a lot of "subscribers" and a lot of view, I think it have to be the "Official" FreeCAD page. I mean Dev side. It have to annouce Realeases, big changement, new great features and "Official Video".
The Community page is the place to share work, questions, problems, and videos.
The good video can be copied to the official channel (with authorisation, credits etc ...).
I'm interesting to assist Normandc too !
And Quick61, I love your FreeCAD video, ther eare really sexy. If you share your "FreeCAD vidéo kit" I will use it for explain some tool.
Which "FreeCAD vidéo kit"? Are you talking about the FreeCAD wire frame intro and the watermark? If so, give me a bit here (maybe a day or two) so I can update it. I really think it should say FreeCAD 0.14 in both the intro and watermark. So I'll need to re-render the intro scene. The watermark is easy enough as it is just an .svg file.

Until this thread, I really didn't know that my productions were that liked. :oops:

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

Ok, I got a few intro clips rendered out and a few .svg watermarks done for those that would like to add them to their FreeCAD videos. See the README for details.

I will probably be adding to this as time goes on. Just a few basic files there now. Download the files from Github here -

https://github.com/quick61/FreeCAD_VidKit

Or clone the repo by -

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/quick61/FreeCAD_VidKit.git

Let me know if there is anything else you all would like to have and I'll see if I can provided it. (no promises, but I'll try ;) )

Mark
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

yorik wrote:Now I think all of you who produce videos, I suggest you ask Jürgen to add you as managers of the Google+ page. I believe he won't have any problem with this, you are all good people after all
If anybody would like me to upload my tutorial videos to the FreeCAD YouTube channel, just shoot me a PM with the password and I'll upload them over the next few days or so.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I just sent a message to Jürgen to add you guys as managers to the google+ page, then you should be able to manage the youtube channel too.
rockn
Veteran

Post by rockn »

Thank you Quick61, it is exactly that about which I spoke.
I wondered also which would be the best means to make videos multi language ?
I think that sub-title are a good solution but I did not wish that sub-title are only on youtube.
Could be cool to have a page in the wiki with the translated sub-titles so everyone (with wiki right) can translate this sub-titles.
Formations - Assistance - Développement : https://freecad-france.com
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

rockn wrote:Thank you Quick61, it is exactly that about which I spoke.
I wondered also which would be the best means to make videos multi language ?
I think that sub-title are a good solution but I did not wish that sub-title are only on youtube.
Could be cool to have a page in the wiki with the translated sub-titles so everyone (with wiki right) can translate this sub-titles.
Your welcome, and glad that was what you were looking for. Feel free to let me know if there are any other graphic effects you might like to see. I'm having a lot of fun with Blender doing this stuff and learning a bit along the way as well.

My thinking on the multi language was for a Promo video which would have a "set in stone" script. That script would then be translated to other languages and recorded / rendered to the audio track. Subtitles could also work and might be a bit easier. I know with the first video I did with voice, each paragraph I did took several -8 takes to get a decent one for edit. For me, it seems that the moment the mic is on and recording, half my brain steps out of the room. :shock:

Mark
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

rockn wrote:Could be cool to have a page in the wiki with the translated sub-titles so everyone (with wiki right) can translate this sub-titles.
It would be easy enough (I think) for me to provide English language text files for the videos to which I've added audio because the synthesized voice was created from a text file of the captions. As I recall they were roughly named by the time in which they appeared in the video, something like "Tutorial_NN_05:15" where NN is the number of the tutorial.

But the caveat in this matter is that this was done back when I was using XP as my OS; I think I copied that stuff to DVD but am not entirely certain of that.
quick61 wrote:the multi language was for a Promo video which would have a "set in stone" script. That script would then be translated to other languages and recorded / rendered to the audio track. Subtitles could also work and might be a bit easier.
I agree that the script should be "set in stone" except for minor changes to ensure clarity when translated to other languages. I picture this as essentially a quality control measure to ensure uniformity in the script, regardless of language.
quick61 wrote:the first video I did with voice, each paragraph I did took several -8 takes to get a decent one for edit.
I feel your pain (I simply gave up and used captions!)...
r-frank
Veteran

Post by r-frank »

bejant wrote:
quick61 wrote:the first video I did with voice, each paragraph I did took several -8 takes to get a decent one for edit.
I feel your pain (I simply gave up and used captions!)...
That's one of the reasons i need quite some time to release new Videos.
But Youtube Videos without sound is not a good choice ...
My "record" at the moment is 16 tries for one take (system/program crashes, me making stupid mistakes and so on).

Since Youtube now features subtitles i think i will try to spend some time in creating english subtitles for my Tutorials.

Roland
Deutsche FreeCAD Tutorials auf Youtube
My GrabCAD FreeCAD-Projects
FreeCAD lessons for beginners in english

Native german speaker - so apologies for my english, no offense intended :)