General FreeCAD feed

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
r-frank
Veteran

General FreeCAD feed

Post by r-frank »

Hello.

Since there is no sub-forum for general questions about the homepage or the forum itself i am posting here.

I wonder how the news for the FreeCAD feed are gathered ?
Background for my asking here:

1) I published some (german) Tutorial Videos on Youtube. Some were mentioned on the feed, some not.
Is there a special Tag to be added to the Youtube-Tutorials so that their mentioning appears in the feed ?

2) Since I now have Wiki Edit Permission i am hoping to find some time to enhance the wiki with useful stuff.
If there would be significant updates on the wiki (for example new tutorials or new macros) wouldn't that
be worth mentioning in the feed ?
And if so how to do that ?
Notify someone of the admins ? Whom ?
Or add a special tag somwhere ?

Thanks for replying.

Roland
Deutsche FreeCAD Tutorials auf Youtube
My GrabCAD FreeCAD-Projects
FreeCAD lessons for beginners in english

Native german speaker - so apologies for my english, no offense intended :)
yorik
Founder

Re: General FreeCAD feed

Post by yorik »

Hi Roland,
The feed comes from a yahoo pipe (you can see how it is made):
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info? ... 27db30efd9
Gathering and filtering youtube videos is a hard work... Never fully works as we want... Feel free to propose improvements to the stuff above!

To include some of the wiki improvements is not easy to do automatically... One way to do it would be to create a new page that lists such improvements, then connect the feed of that page to the yahoo pipe. But even so, I think the output of the wiki feed wouldn't look very nice...