Release discussion 0.15

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
shoogen
Veteran

Re: Release discussion 0.15

Post by shoogen »

wmayer wrote:Merged. Is this only for 0.15?
For the moment, yes. It wouldn't harm to commit this to the master branch, as well. But it only prevents the hangs. It does not copy the LC_ALL value to LC_CTYPE and LC_MESSAGES as it would be needed to have an effect. So i wouldn't call list last minute fix a solution ;) See issue #2018 for details.
shoogen
Veteran

Post by shoogen »

ulrich1a wrote:When 0.15 will be released, can we have a tag in Git, that gives a hint, which is the last commit for this release?
One important thing is to push the branch (and tag) to github. The absence of release branches has confused people in the past.
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

RCs for 64 bit Windows and OS X are available now. I'll have a 32-bit windows installer up tomorrow. Please test thoroughly!

FreeCAD-0.15.4666_x64_RC1_setup.exe
FreeCAD-0.15.4666_x64_osx_RC1.zip
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

peterl94 wrote:RCs for 64 bit Windows and OS X are available now. I'll have a 32-bit windows installer up tomorrow. Please test thoroughly!

FreeCAD-0.15.4666_x64_RC1_setup.exe
FreeCAD-0.15.4666_x64_osx_RC1.zip

Just tested and found something in Fem. CalculiX is not started on Windows since some missing brackets.

before EDIT:
( commit: https://github.com/berndhahnebach/FreeC ... e55bcd72d5
Since I there is no release brunch to fetch and I do not know how to get a brunch in my github which has 4666 as last commit I used the current master for this commit to add. )

EDIT: here on top of shoogens release brunch
brunch:
https://github.com/berndhahnebach/FreeC ... ree/rel015

commit:
https://github.com/berndhahnebach/FreeC ... b7353e3790

CalculiX binary (bin/ccx.exe) is missing in setup?! Is it really not included anymore or am I missing something?
Last edited by bernd on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
shoogen
Veteran

Post by shoogen »

bernd wrote:Since I there is no release brunch to fetch and I do not know how to get a brunch in my github which has 4666 as last commit I used the current master for this commit to add.
Fetch from sourceforge or from me. https://github.com/5263/FreeCAD/tree/re ... eeCAD-0-15
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

bernd wrote:CalculiX binary (bin/ccx.exe) is missing in setup?!
Sorry, I was not aware it was included before. Is it only ccx.exe, or are there more CalculiX files that needed to be added.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

peterl94 wrote:
bernd wrote:CalculiX binary (bin/ccx.exe) is missing in setup?!
Sorry, I was not aware it was included before. Is it only ccx.exe, or are there more CalculiX files that needed to be added.
I had to copy the following files from the 0.14 installation folder into 0.15 installation folder to get CalculiX runing with 0.15
ccx.exe
cygarpack-0.dll
cygblas-0.dll
cyggcc_s-1.dll
cyggfortran-3.dll
cyglapack-0.dll
cygwin1.dll

(and of Course apply the little git commit stated above.)
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

shoogen wrote:
ulrich1a wrote:When 0.15 will be released, can we have a tag in Git, that gives a hint, which is the last commit for this release?
One important thing is to push the branch (and tag) to github. The absence of release branches has confused people in the past.
There's already a Releases-0.15 branch. But I'm wondering why also create a tag?
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

It's a good idea to make a tag with release number. You can later use it instead of commint hash i.e. to generate changelog for the next release or to see changes in a file since last release or bisect since last stable release and so on.