Soon 4000 members on the forum

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rockn
Veteran

Soon 4000 members on the forum

Post by rockn »

The numbers of forum members is growing each day. It seem that there is an average of 4 new members each day.

So I bets that there will be 4000 members the November 3rd 2014. :mrgreen:

What's your opinion :?:

PS : This is strictly an useless post, I don't plan anything with this ;)
Formations - Assistance - Développement : https://freecad-france.com
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Soon 4000 members on the forum

Post by NormandC »

Hello rockn,

I think the number of forum members is artificially high, because back when the forum, the wiki and the bug tracker were hosted on Sourceforge, anyone who would register a Sourceforge account would automatically be registered to any project's web apps.

At least that's what I thought, but I just had a quick look at the members list. Out of 3949 members, almost 2500 of them posted at least once. I would say that figure is more meaningful.

One statistic I was quite happy with is actually the "most users ever online" which is now 71 on last July 9th, a few days after v0.14 was released. The former "record" was around 50 and dated back to 2012 I think. :)
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

One statistic I was quite happy with is actually the "most users ever online" which is now 71 on last July 9th, a few days after v0.14 was released. The former "record" was around 50 and dated back to 2012 I think. :)
I remember seeing that when it happened and was thinking to myself, "Geeze, FreeCAD is sure getting popular." Most weekends the number is still kind of up there, like 25 - 35 and more on line. We seem to keep having a steady flow of new users in the Help section as well, and hardly a troll among them.

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

It would be interesting to see statistics, but I'm guessing there are a lot more Europeans visiting the forum than East Coast North Americans. The few times I checked the forum very early in the morning, there were quite more people than in the evenings.

Still, most Windows downloads on SF are from the United States, so I may be mistaken.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

normandc wrote:Still, most Windows downloads on SF are from the United States, so I may be mistaken.
That would suggest an obvious conclusion......
Perhaps Europeans are more likely to run Linux and Mac?? :D
rockn
Veteran

Post by rockn »

Hello,

Yes I know that it's not very meaningful, but it always fun when i talk about FreeCAD to say "Hey there is soon 4000 member at the forum, come on there is a lot of people !" ;)

I also check the number of most users ever online 8-) We have to release 0.15 to break the record !
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Hello,

I just noticed, 4023 members. Freecad rocks :D
"fight the good fight"
rockn
Veteran

Re: Soon 6000 members on the forum ;)

Post by rockn »

NormandC wrote:One statistic I was quite happy with is actually the "most users ever online" which is now 71 on last July 9th, a few days after v0.14 was released. The former "record" was around 50 and dated back to 2012 I think. :)
Finally, we have beat this record !
"most users ever online" is now 111 on last June 6th
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Have you noticed it? The "most users ever online" record was beat last December, and it was beat again on February 11, 2017: 232 users were online!