Icons and Overall Look

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Icons and Overall Look

Post by jmaustpc »

yorik wrote:My idea would be a darker or lighter version of the green/blue color of the icons...
I had an idea of making off icons less prominent by using hollowed out lines rather than solid lines if that would work at low resolution. I thought that might look OK in the light themes but I doubt your and my ideas would look any good in those very dark themes.
yorik wrote:I'm not too sure about the preferences option, because it would be one more draft preference, which are already pretty complicated, and for something that indeed should be handled outside of FreeCAD.
In many ways, that is the key point, this should be handled out side of FreeCAD. All icons of this type in all QT applications will suffer from the same issue on the same computer. The truth is more that this is a fault in people' themes rather than anything to do with FreeCAD.

I think anyone who does not like these buttons the way they currently are, should place a bug report with the distribution or who ever is responsible for the theme they are using.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

That said, that's a very annoying thing in Qt.. While GTK has a clear setting for those "pressed" buttons (it's called "activated state"), and most gtk tweaking apps can change it, Qt hasn't, and it's pretty hard to find, I believe that's why most themes don't do it...
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

yorik wrote:That said, that's a very annoying thing in Qt.. While GTK has a clear setting for those "pressed" buttons (it's called "activated state"), and most gtk tweaking apps can change it, Qt hasn't, and it's pretty hard to find, I believe that's why most themes don't do it...
Oh, I see.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
can create a class and
if the button is checked then color = ... (configurable preferences)

peut être créer une class et
si le bouton est checked alors couleur = ... (configurable dans les préférences)

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

mario52 wrote:hi
can create a class and
if the button is checked then color = ... (configurable preferences)
Yes, but I would like to avoid one more preference... It is so confused already
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
yes but I maintain that there is greater
ps: or placed icons FreeCAD? I have not found them even with icons extractor (or I have missed)

oui mais je maintient qu'il y a plus important
ps: ou sont placés les icônes de FreeCAD ? je ne les ai pas trouvés même avec un extracteur d'icones (ou je les ai ratés)

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

mario52 wrote:ps: or placed icons FreeCAD? I have not found them even with icons extractor (or I have missed)

ps: ou sont placés les icônes de FreeCAD ? je ne les ai pas trouvés même avec un extracteur d'icones (ou je les ai ratés)
Mario, are you trying to find where the icons are located in the FreeCAD code? If yes, you can look at the Wiki Artwork page; there is a portion on it where the icons are listed by their location in the source code.
The locations are also listed in Section 3 of the contents menu at the top of that Wiki page.

Mario, que vous essayez de trouver l'endroit où les icônes sont situés dans le code FreeCAD? Si oui, vous pouvez regarder la page Wiki Création; il ya une partie sur elle où les icônes sont indiqués par leur emplacement dans le code source.
Les emplacements sont également répertoriés dans la section 3 du menu du contenu en haut de cette page Wiki.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi bejant
thanks but in the system when it is compressed compillé a .dll or ...... and how to access
example "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.14\bin\iconengines\qsvgicon4.dll"
the idea is that the user himself change (whit one macro) its icon in the source code or the dedicated directory

merci bejant je voudrais savoir dans quel fichier se trouvent les icônes mais dans l'installation de FreeCAD
par exemple ils pourraient se trouver dans "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.14\bin\iconengines\qsvgicon4.dll"
j'ai utilisé un extracteur d'icône mais il me signale qu'il n'y a pas d'icône dans la dll ou sont ils placés dans une autre dll ou ??? et comment y accéder. Si ce sont de svg y a t il une application qui permet de les lire ?
l'idée serait que l'utilisateur changerait lui même (avec une macro) son icône dans le code source ou dans le répertoire dédié

Word size: 32-bit
Version: 0.14.3700 (Git)
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-14
Hash: 32f5aae0a64333ec8d5d160dbc46e690510c8fe1
Python version: 2.6.2
Qt version: 4.5.2
Coin version: 3.1.0
SoQt version: 1.4.1
OCC version: 6.5.1

mario