I would like to share with you some QT stylesheets specially "baked" for use in FreeCAD. I have been developing them in the last two weeks without prior knowledge of QT styling, it was kind of a luck that QT is pretty similar to CSS which I master from sometime ago. Anyway it was hard to figure out the subcontrols, rules and specific stuff of QT so don't blame on me if it's not fully depurated. I have uploaded all of them to Github so that you have the opportunity to fork, pull requests or whatever.
They are 2 base stylesheets, Dark and Light, with 3 variations each (green, blue and orange). It's really easy to change colors if you know a little bit of CSS.
I have tested them on OSX, Windows and Ubuntu so they should work on any OS, anyway, let me know if you find glitches.
Some comments about FreeCAD and theming:
- Images inside stylesheets are forced to use full paths in order to work, that means all these .qss files should be edited per user and computer. I hope FreeCAD developers make a workaround about it.
- the "Task panel" is not stylable right now (FreeCAD 0.15) but, thanks to the help of wmayer, it will be on FreeCAD 0.16. You can test it with wmayer-qsint development branch and with these stylesheets. Bugs and more info here
- in app icons-buttons are designed in svg but are not stylable, that is, it's not possible to change them... I hope it also changes in the near future
- I only found a bug when styling: in OSX, height and width in "QMainWindow::separator:horizontal" and "QMainWindow::separator:vertical" produces a weird line when moving the separators. I think it's a problem of FreeCAD and not from the stylesheets.
Download (install instructions)
FreeCAD Dark and Light stylesheets v1.8a
- correctly linked images
FreeCAD Dark and Light stylesheets v1.8
- styles for Expressions
- minor fixes and improvements
- Hotfix: solves a "development blue background" inside Task View
- lots of fixes
- now more stable between OSs
- even more goodlooking =)
- new background color for lists
- Up/Down button of Spinboxes are moved both to the right in order to improve usability
- fixed lots of styles that didn't work or produced odd effects
- cleaned a bit styles commented and not in use anymore
- relative paths for stylesheet images now work (only FreeCAD 0.16 dev)
- fold/unfold images inside Task Panel header now works (only FreeCAD 0.16 dev)
- added "foreground color"
- placed an area with experimental styles
- a lot of fixes and improvements
- If you use wmayer-qsint branch the "Task Panel" will also be styled
- improved "snap buttons" alignment inside toolbar
- improved buttons inside toolbar and alignments
I hope you like them and feel like helping improve FreeCAD look and feel.