Draft Stretch

Info about new implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
yorik
Site Admin

Draft Stretch

Postby yorik » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Just a little tool I added to the Draft WB, which allows to stretch objects like in autocad: You select objects, start the command, pick a rectangular selection box, then give two points of a displacement vector. All vertices of the selected objects that were in the selection box get moved:

Draft Stretch

So far it only works on Draft Wires, Lines and Circles. I'll add other useful object types on the way.
chrisb

Re: Draft Stretch

Postby chrisb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:58 am

You are probably aware that there was an attempt recently viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13187&start=20 but we couldn't get it running. Perhaps you can reuse some code.
[After (i think it was) NormandC pointed out, that a well constructed model doesn't need stretching, and I had to confess that he was right I gave up fiddling with the eason code.]
But anyway, it's good to know you work on it.
yorik
Site Admin

Re: Draft Stretch

Postby yorik » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:11 pm

chrisb wrote:You are probably aware that there was an attempt recently viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13187&start=20 but we couldn't get it running

Yes, that one is a more powerful thing that would work on any shape, by rebuilding its faces. Mine is a much more simple tool, made mainly to work with Draft objects, the idea being that the result is still a valid parametric Draft object.