[new mini feature] Sketcher Segments per Geometry

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
abdullah
Veteran

[new mini feature] Sketcher Segments per Geometry

Post by abdullah »

In the help forum there was some complain about teselation in the sketcher (linked to bsplines that can get really long).

Some time ago I implemented an option to increase the segments together with some improvements for BSplines and I forgot about it. Today I rediscovered it and decided to post here to create awareness:
SegmentsPerGeometry.png
SegmentsPerGeometry.png (39.97 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
As said, a mini feature... ;)
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: [new mini feature] Sketcher Segments per Geometry

Post by DeepSOIC »

very nice, thanks! I wanted it occasionally, when working with thin rings (concentric circles with somewhat small difference in radii).
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

Thanks!
Menu Edit->Preferences->Sketcher->General
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Indeed default value usually works good but in special use cases the result on the screen can look bad. Being able to fix that by increasing the segments value is therefore a nice addition. Thanks for adding the configurable option. And as you did a good job with this feature announcement and provided the corresponding image and everything. To raise awareness for another of such mini features i decided to mention it here.

Font size value is now being used for the "blue" text too. I remember occasionally users asked if the font size can be made configurable by the user. Now the user can configure it.

Reference:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 30#p162999