Windows LibPack and OCE

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jriegel
Founder

Re: Windows LibPack and OCE

Post by jriegel »

For Windows this would be Ok, but our main problem is Linux. There we need new packages in the major distros to relay on..

For Windows you are right, I could grab the actual state and build a LibPack. I will wait a bit longer, since we now starting the 0.14 development and its not that urgent....
Stop whining - start coding!
sergeykurdakov

Post by sergeykurdakov »

jriegel wrote: For Windows you are right, I could grab the actual state and build a LibPack. I will wait a bit longer, since we now starting the 0.14 development and its not that urgent....
I wrote a message to user kintel, who made last commits to Coin3D repository ( logged into bitbucket, then it allows to send messages ), asking him to somehow facilitate resolution of issue of new library release, would inform on any response from him.
sergeykurdakov

Post by sergeykurdakov »

user kintel ( he was last to work on Coin3D at Kongsberg ) responded, that Coin3D is more like abandon ware now, and recommended to address to Coin admin ( will do tomorrow edit: did contact, but unlike kintel - had no response, thought kintel told me, in case Coin admit won't contact in few weeks, he would assist to make a contact ).

But at least it is clear, that it makes few sense to wait for new Coin3D, rather it would make sense to embrace it wholly even for linux builds.

edit2: so already few days - not response from Coin repository admin. The backup plan is - kintel told, that if there is no any feedback from Coin team in few weeks then he will assist to contact them ( though he does not work at Kongsberg now ) . At least that time there will be some more information on future plans from owner team.