Forum: Open all new messages in tabs

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Forum: Open all new messages in tabs

Post by yorik »

I added this feature to the forum (when using the FreeCAD theme only):
https://www.404techsupport.com/2009/04/ ... hpbb3-mod/
So now when using Tools -> Unread posts (or any other search result), you can click on the link that says "search found" and open all the search results in individual tabs.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Forum: Open all new messages in tabs

Post by chrisb »

Is it possible to see only part of all the unread posts? I usually look only at the "Users" subforums plus two more. So I would like to see only the unread "Users" posts. I would love to use the new function, because that's the way I scan the forum now. Alas, probably because there are too many unread posts, the link is unavailable for me.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

chrisb wrote:Is it possible to see only part of all the unread posts? I usually look only at the "Users" subforums plus two more. So I would like to see only the unread "Users" posts. I would love to use the new function, because that's the way I scan the forum now. Alas, probably because there are too many unread posts, the link is unavailable for me.
Maybe browser cache try force refresh ctrl + shift + R (works for most browsers probably except Safari)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Normally the link should appear on every page that is the result of a search, and will open only the search results returned by that search. So it should work on single subforums too, but I cannot test right now because I just opened all my unread posts 8-)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Now I saw the link, very useful indeed. I had expected the link in the tools menu and thus it seemed as if it didn't exist. And now it is me who is eagerly waiting for some new posts in a subforum to test the new learned functionality.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I tried to ad the link into the menu, but for some reason it didn't work.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I guess the link is available only for search results? Even the extended search offers only "Users" and it's subforums for searching, while I like to scan "Path" and the german forum as well.
And while we talk about it: In FreeCAD style the first two lines is always missing (Firefox on MacOS), so I always have to scroll. Do you have the same problem? It happens whenever I jump directly to a post or display the preview.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Ah I see what you mean... The "top" of the first unread post is behind the top menu bar. Indeed, on normal pages I solved that by giving an extra blank space on the top, but for middle-of-the-page anchors, I'm not sure how to do this. But it seems phpbb creates a #unread anchor, maybe we can give that an offset with css, I'll have look
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

yorik wrote:I'll have look
Yorik, how many hours do you have in Sao Paolo per day? Developing Arch WB, writing the FreeCAD Book, writing a blog, servicing the forum, and probably some more. Anyway: Thank you.
Chris_G
Veteran

Post by Chris_G »

chrisb wrote:Yorik, how many hours do you have in Sao Paolo per day? Developing Arch WB, writing the FreeCAD Book, writing a blog, servicing the forum, and probably some more. Anyway: Thank you.
+1
But it is well-known that Aliens don't sleep :lol: