Adding a HDMI port extrusion

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
realies

Adding a HDMI port extrusion

Post by realies »

Hi, I'm trying to modify a Raspberry Pi + Cirrus Logic audio card case to be capable of enclosing an additional PCB.

I have all models, the Pi case is in 3 STL files (top, mid, bottom) and the PCB model in STEP format. I'm trying to add an extrusion on the top part of the enclosure so there could be space for the an HDMI cable to be plugged in. I've managed to import the PCB and group it into a union of shapes so I can position it on the right place but now I find it difficult to select the part of the enclosure that needs removing. You can see here. I've exported this as an STL here.

Any help would be appreciated.

After this I'd import the middle part of the enclosure and do 3 stand-offs for the PCB, but I think that would be easy using primitives.
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Adding a HDMI port extrusion

Post by NormandC »

Hello realies,

Welcome to the forum.
realies wrote:You can see here.
Please do not use external image hosting services. You can attach images and files directly to your post from the Attachments tab. BTW this is explained in the forum rules that you should have read... The link is in the hard to miss reddish box at the top of the page.
realies wrote:I've exported this as an STL here.
An STL is not helpful because it's degraded from the original model. I personally call STL "garbage out" because in CAD that's what it is. Please attach your FreeCAD file here, you'll have more chance to get help that way.