Draft Stretch

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Draft Stretch

Post by yorik »

Just a little tool I added to the Draft WB, which allows to stretch objects like in autocad: You select objects, start the command, pick a rectangular selection box, then give two points of a displacement vector. All vertices of the selected objects that were in the selection box get moved:

Draft Stretch

So far it only works on Draft Wires, Lines and Circles. I'll add other useful object types on the way.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Draft Stretch

Post by chrisb »

You are probably aware that there was an attempt recently viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13187&start=20 but we couldn't get it running. Perhaps you can reuse some code.
[After (i think it was) NormandC pointed out, that a well constructed model doesn't need stretching, and I had to confess that he was right I gave up fiddling with the eason code.]
But anyway, it's good to know you work on it.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
yorik
Founder

Re: Draft Stretch

Post by yorik »

chrisb wrote:You are probably aware that there was an attempt recently viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13187&start=20 but we couldn't get it running
Yes, that one is a more powerful thing that would work on any shape, by rebuilding its faces. Mine is a much more simple tool, made mainly to work with Draft objects, the idea being that the result is still a valid parametric Draft object.