[new feature] Sketcher basic BSpline support

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
hinckel

Re: [new feature] Sketcher basic BSpline support

Post by hinckel »

Yes!! Thanks
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

hinckel wrote:Yes!! Thanks
You're welcome and note that this behaviour will likely change soon:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 30#p154999
hinckel

Post by hinckel »

I'm all eyes and ears.
Since we are at it. Unlike the illustrations shown in this thread, I cannot change equality constrains on the weight radii. A delete operation on these constraints crashes the applications.
Adelante! cheers!
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

hinckel wrote:I'm all eyes and ears.
Since we are at it. Unlike the illustrations shown in this thread, I cannot change equality constrains on the weight radii. A delete operation on these constraints crashes the applications.
Adelante! cheers!
I noticed some weird behaviour after a DAG commit that then was reverted by Werner. Install the latest daily and if you can make it crash, then post here, or in the developer's corner (in the Bezier's thread), detailed instructions about how to make it crash.

I am currently fully rewriting the BSpline creation method. It is almost there. Each time it is clicked a pole controlling circle is created. Creation is cancelled with right-click (double-click closing method is removed). If last circle is made coincident (autoconstraints) with the first circle, then the curve is closed. After right-clicking (open bspline) or coincident closing (closed bspline), the bspline is constructed, assigning the circles as Internal Geometry.

It is a totally different way of making geometry (compared to the other tools), but it takes user feedback into account and I would say it is reasonably well suited.

Currently I am accelerating the process (reducing the number of calls of the solvers when assigning the circles to InternalAlignment constraints). More soon.