The Big TechDraw Comments Thread

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jaisejames

Re: The Big TechDraw Comments Thread

Post by jaisejames »

Scale in hatch is changes, Freecad hang 2-3 minutes. Example If I want to change to 100. But it will change to 1, 10, 100. So Freecad hangs 2-3 minutes to change scale. It is nice change to expression like on OK or enter Value accepted.

In property Side bar list, Hatch pattern is a value. If it is a list like first hatch wizard, It will be very nice. On fly I can change. Now I need to delete & redo pattern to change hatch pattern.

I used below honey pattern, But it is showing as diamond.

*HONEY, Honeycomb pattern
0, 0,0, .1875,.108253175, .125,-.25
120, 0,0, .1875,.108253175, .125,-.25
60, 0,0, .1875,.108253175, -.25,.125
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

jaisejames wrote:Scale in hatch is changes, Freecad hang 2-3 minutes. Example If I want to change to 100. But it will change to 1, 10, 100. So Freecad hangs 2-3 minutes to change scale. It is nice change to expression like on OK or enter Value accepted.
I'd like this too, but I don't know how to make the property editor only respond on "Enter" yet. If you have a pattern with a line every mm on a big face, it's going to be slow.
jaisejames wrote: In property Side bar list, Hatch pattern is a value. If it is a list like first hatch wizard, It will be very nice. On fly I can change. Now I need to delete & redo pattern to change hatch pattern.
If you type in a valid pattern name, it should redraw with the new pattern, no need to delete old hatch. Again, don't know how to get PropertyEditor to display list of pattern names extracted from a file yet.
jaisejames wrote: I used below honey pattern, But it is showing as diamond.

*HONEY, Honeycomb pattern
0, 0,0, .1875,.108253175, .125,-.25
120, 0,0, .1875,.108253175, .125,-.25
60, 0,0, .1875,.108253175, -.25,.125
OK, will check it out. Delta-X isn't implemented yet, and dash-pattern is still suspect. That might be why it doesn't look right.

Thanks for testing.
wf
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

. I'd like this too, but I don't know how to make the property editor only respond on "Enter" yet. If you have a pattern with a line every mm on a big face, it's going to be slow.
Don't know the tech draw code, but normall behaviour is that the property editor changes the property at each change. However, features should not react on that. The onChanged functions should normally not implement feature update logic, only if it is very fast. This is to prevent exactly the observed behaviour. The feature should only recompute its output in the recompute function. This is called when someone hits enter in the property editor or finish's the editing by leaving the input field.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

I don't seem to be able to turn view frames off for an imported svg symbol. User error?
vf.FCStd
(917.03 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.10001 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 095d462cba9af1945c4d2163beb739c366a4b234
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.0.0
"fight the good fight"
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Nope, same problem here. If you create a view of the Cube, then the "Turn View Frames on or off" button becomes active.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.10000 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: 216d8c66dcc2ed92546e73b242e2123bda2b038e
Python version: 2.7.6
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

NormandC wrote:Nope, same problem here. If you create a view of the Cube, then the "Turn View Frames on or off" button becomes active
Thanks for checking.
"fight the good fight"
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

Hi. Are there any ways to use or plans to implement broken section views? Or at least one not aligned with the origin planes?

Case in point, /r/cad challenge 15 moderate
My latest (or last) project: B-spline Construction Project.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

sgrogan wrote:I don't seem to be able to turn view frames off for an imported svg symbol. User error?
Nope. Programmer error. Thank you. issue #2889
efyx

Post by efyx »

[quote="wandererfan"][/quote] Can I ask for small update? Is it possible to know when approx. will be circle on detail view?
Some other questions:
1) Are you planning some kind of sketch on drawing - where could be possible to add new lines, boxes, etc. Would be nice to may a draw a circle on drawing, point it and then choose detail - probably it is far way right now.
2) Are you planning method of changing models connected to the drawing. Hard to explain, but I'll try: I have for example box1 and I am performing drawing for it and save it. Then I take box1 and resave it as a box2 and this time I don't wan't to make a new drawing, but I resave drawing box1 into box2 and link it to the box2 file. Then open box2 file and all dimensions are fit to new dimensions of box. This simple way I save a lot of time to creating new drawing, which is refered to the same (but with changed dimensions) and I have two separated drawings.

Is there way to help you by non-programmer?
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

efyx wrote:
wandererfan wrote:
Can I ask for small update? Is it possible to know when approx. will be circle on detail view?
Some other questions:
1) Are you planning some kind of sketch on drawing - where could be possible to add new lines, boxes, etc. Would be nice to may a draw a circle on drawing, point it and then choose detail - probably it is far way right now.
2) Are you planning method of changing models connected to the drawing. Hard to explain, but I'll try: I have for example box1 and I am performing drawing for it and save it. Then I take box1 and resave it as a box2 and this time I don't wan't to make a new drawing, but I resave drawing box1 into box2 and link it to the box2 file. Then open box2 file and all dimensions are fit to new dimensions of box. This simple way I save a lot of time to creating new drawing, which is refered to the same (but with changed dimensions) and I have two separated drawings.

Is there way to help you by non-programmer?
1) Yes. https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.p ... awingTools. I did have a proof of concept at one time, but it is horribly out of date now. The real difficulty comes in keeping the sketch bits attached to the drawing bits. Currently leaning towards a transparent layer on top with no actual linkage to the underlying drawing. No ETA at this time.
2) Not sure I follow this one. If you make a drawing in box1.fcstd, then SaveAs box2.fcstd, box2.fcstd will contain a copy of the drawing. If you then change dimensions in box2.fcstd, they will propagate to the drawing page as usual (subject to the usual "topological naming" issues) and you will have 2 drawings, 1 in each file. But I think I haven't understood.

As for the detail highlight circle, it just keeps getting bumped by other stuff.

As for help from non-programmer, the wiki pages are weak and I haven't done anything in the way of a tutorial yet. That would help. Testing/bug reporting is always appreciated too.

wf