Part-o-magic [New: Selection tools, container duplication]

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: Part-o-magic (again) [new feature: Exporter]

Post by triplus »

I actually use something like that occasionally (in form of macro). I could therefore use Exporter in the future instead.

I did some tests and i guess i could use more Exporter features instead. But if you could provide an option to somehow set more extensions for a single Exporter feature that would be cool.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

triplus wrote:But if you could provide an option to somehow set more extensions for a single Exporter feature that would be cool.
You mean you want one exporter object to export two different formats at once, e.g. "Export Sphere" to write out Sphere.step and Sphere.stl? Not sure if I'd go for it, as I don't see a nice way to do that (well, I mean, nice yet easy to implement).
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

DeepSOIC wrote:You mean you want one exporter object to export two different formats at once, e.g. "Export Sphere" to write out Sphere.step and Sphere.stl? Not sure if I'd go for it, as I don't see a nice way to do that (well, I mean, nice yet easy to implement).
To be honest i can add more Exporter features and set them up with ease to do that. Therefore lets keep things simple indeed.
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

DeepSOIC wrote:Request
Hi DeepSOIC,

Could you please provide your wb for/in the "Addon manager" (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=20091).
Would make it much easier to install/use it.

BR,
HoWil
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

Sure, when I have time to write up a readme.
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

DeepSOIC wrote:Sure, when I have time to write up a readme.
Good point :D . Still not sure if I understand the complete concept/usecase, but looking forward to test it. Especially for structuring my half-part-design-next half-part models.

BR,
HoWil
nemesis

Re: Part-o-magic (again)

Post by nemesis »

DeepSOIC wrote:Important. Part-o-magic messes with "DisplayModeBody" properties of PartDesign Body objects, and "Selectable" properties of all objects. If you uninstall Part-o-magic, or disable its automation stuff, it will cause somewhat unusual behavior of any projects that were saved with part-o-magic enabled and had any container objects present. You can reset them manually with property editor, or run this simple snippet in Py console:
Hi !
Is this the reason why I have lots of problem with boolean operation while PoM is installed?
even without using it, I'm unable to make a boolean between bodies if Pom Is installed.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

nemesis wrote:I have lots of problem with boolean operation while PoM is installed?
even without using it, I'm unable to make a boolean between bodies if Pom Is installed.
Is it PartDesign Booleans, or Part Booleans? If latter, please elaborate.
nemesis

Post by nemesis »

DeepSOIC wrote: Is it PartDesign Booleans, or Part Booleans? If latter, please elaborate.
That's Part design boolean, and indeed, I just test, and the property "selectable" was set to false after activating the body.
I also notice that if PoM is here, if you activate a body, the others are hided. Again, without any feature from PoM

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.10460 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: (detached from 91c59c7)
Hash: 91c59c7910436c44ede608e29d9a90a287121a11
Python version: 2.7.13
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

nemesis wrote:That's Part design boolean, and indeed, I just test, and the property "selectable" was set to false after activating the body.
Yes, I just tried it, and PartDesign Boolean dialog is very seriously affected by PoM. Not sure if I can solve this.