Require Scipy for x64

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Leatherman

Require Scipy for x64

Post by Leatherman »

Hello,
I require Scipy for x64 here and here I am:

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.10356 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: cd1f010fe75ee672b0afe684c95736d850c01c93
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.0.0

Now I'm following this thread:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 9&start=60
(quite scary stuff) and came to know that there are even issues with Numpy in x64. Now if I print dir() I can't see Numpy in my interpreter, but if I import Numpy as np it looks ok, means no error message. (Why?) So, I assume it's ok, in case I'm wrong kindly advice me on this as well. There is a new Numpy version here, which is suppose to work on x64.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx4ovy ... 9UV2c/view
a Zip file and I think I should later install it like this:
https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/How_to_ ... orkbenches
(I could do that)

Now, there is a verion of Sicpy here:
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
Especially with the link above I have my doubts how to install this in FreeCad. I need to download this file:
scipy‑0.19.0‑cp27‑cp27m‑win_amd64.whl
but this is not a format I'm familiar with. How do I get this into FreeCad? Or is there any other zip file format for Sicpy? I'm really confused with this, that's certainly beyond my skills.
Kindly advice me on this,
regards
Andre
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: Require Scipy for x64

Post by Jee-Bee »

I think you have to view the report view either...
I thought most messages are printed there
Leatherman

Post by Leatherman »

Jee-Bee wrote:I think you have to view the report view either...
I thought most messages are printed there
Thank you will do, but this is not really helping me with the setup.
Regards
Andre
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Leatherman wrote:I require Scipy for x64 here and here I am:
I'm afraid we are screwed with x64 Scipy on Windows. The SciPy package you linked is built with VS2008 for Python 2.7. FreeCAD requires a newer compiler to support C++11 code in FreeCAD so the versions aren't compatible. The Win daily builds have the updated numpy included. You can find the package in bin/lib/site-packages. You can also install python modules in your macro folder.
"fight the good fight"
Leatherman

Post by Leatherman »

sgrogan wrote:
I'm afraid we are screwed with x64 Scipy on Windows. The SciPy package you linked is built with VS2008 for Python 2.7. FreeCAD requires a newer compiler to support C++11 code in FreeCAD so the versions aren't compatible. The Win daily builds have the updated numpy included. You can find the package in bin/lib/site-packages. You can also install python modules in your macro folder.
Pls just a small help: a screenshot of my pc and you can see that both packages are installed but there are not showing up in the toolbar. And the Nurbswb was even working. Now it's gone. Any idea on that. After hrs of Python installing my brain stops.
Attachments
WBbar.png
WBbar.png (69 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
Nurbsfile.png
Nurbsfile.png (41.87 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
Leatherman

Post by Leatherman »

and after deleting sicpy the Nurbswb is back! That's quite frustrating stuff here.
Attachments
WBbar2.png
WBbar2.png (58.32 KiB) Viewed 2080 times
Leatherman

Post by Leatherman »

sgrogan wrote:
I believe you have checked all versions? Can you think of any work around? (Me not that's why I'm asking so stupid :? )
Regards
Andre
Leatherman

Post by Leatherman »

I haven't any experience with Ubuntu, but is it advisable to install Ubuntu, run it parallel with win10 and FreeCad on Ubuntu?
I have lots of Excel VBA stuff which I need, I can't come out of win entirely. Has anybody experience with such a setup and could kindly advice me?
Regards
Andre
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Leatherman wrote:I believe you have checked all versions?
All that I know of.
Leatherman wrote:I haven't any experience with Ubuntu, but is it advisable to install Ubuntu, run it parallel with win10 and FreeCad on Ubuntu?
Yes, I think quite a few of this are doing this.
I would suggest to start by investigating Ubuntu, Kubuntu, and Linux-Mint using bootable-usb If you use a version based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, you won't have to upgrade any time soon.
These all are supported by FreeCAD's PPA.
Once you find one you like you can partition your hard drive and install your preferred version there.
It's also possible to run linux in a virtual machine from Windows so you don't have to re-boot to switch back and forth, but I personally don't like using graphics programs this way.
"fight the good fight"