Test request

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ickby
Veteran

Test request

Post by ickby »

Hello guys,

I finished the new assembly constraint gui and hope it is now clearer what can be done with the individual constraints. I would realy love to hear your opinions. Furthermore I addressed all solver bugs that have been reported in the forum and the bug tracker, please test if they are really gone. Also any new bug reports are welcome, I'm pretty sure there are still many problems left :)

The code is as always in my personal repository, 'assembly' branch: https://github.com/ickby/FreeCAD_constraint.git

Thanks!
Stefan
dre99gsx

Re: Test request

Post by dre99gsx »

I can help. I'm attempting to assemble a fixture with multiple bodies anyway.

I'm used to following the instructions here: http://freecad-tutorial.blogspot.com/

What would I do differently to check out your version?

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/free-cad/code free-cad-code <- I would clone this version
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

You do basicly the same, just with my repository:

git clone https://github.com/ickby/FreeCAD_constraint.git
git branch -r //should show a branch called assembly
git checkout assembly

and than build freecad as usally.
gdo35

Post by gdo35 »

Hello ickby,

I'm cloning it and will test it.

Thanks for your work ! ;)

++
gdo
dre99gsx

Post by dre99gsx »

Bummer, I get a 443 error possibly due to my corporate network limitations. I downloaded the .zip version instead. How do I get git to recognize this as a repository so that it can list all branches? Sorry for these newbie questions here.

*EDIT: I ran: git clone "unzipped directory" new folder.

Went to the new folder, only listed origin/HEAD and origin/MASTER as branches. Weird.
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

If you download the zip files, you can't use git, as no repository is initialised. Also you download only one branch if you use the zip method. Most likely you downloaded my master branch. On the github site you can switch branches. Switch directly on github to the assembly branch. Then download the zip file which now contains the assembly branch. Then you just unzip and compile, completely without git.
dre99gsx

Post by dre99gsx »

Got it. Thanks!
dre99gsx

Post by dre99gsx »

It's working, and it's not. As soon as I try to apply a constraint, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
<type 'exceptions.Exception'>: No document object found of type 'Assembly::ConstraintAlignment'
Stack Trace: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

I noticed after compiling, the /Mod/Assembly was missing the .gui files and such. I copied over some files from the /Mod/Assembly folder from a Windows Released 0.14v version, but may have missed other files.

After compiling into a /Build directory, do I need to transfer over any other files, or should this build be self sufficient?
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

now that is very strange. could you please post everything that is in the python console? "Assembly::ConstraintAlignment" is a class of the old implementation, I just searched the code and I'm sure I removed it completely.

You should not have to copy anything at all, after compilation the workbench has to work as is.
dre99gsx

Post by dre99gsx »

Hmm. I got

43>AssemblyGui - 8 error(s), 60 warning(s)

Strange as I've been able to build other versions just fine. This may be why I was missing files in the Mod/Assembly folder...

Here is one of them:

C:\Program Files\Git\bin\FreeCAD_constraint-assembly\Build\src\Mod\Assembly\Gui\ui_TaskAssemblyConstraints.h(419) : error C2039: 'setPlaceholderText' : is not a member of 'QLineEdit'
43> c:\freecad\freecadlibs_8.1_x86_vc9\include\qt\qtgui\../../src/gui/widgets/qlineedit.h(64) : see declaration of 'QLineEdit'