Search found 94 matches

Go to advanced search

by iogui
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:32 pm
Forum: Help on using FreeCAD
Topic: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench
Replies: 82
Views: 14018

Re: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench

Hey guys! I've been away from FreeCad because I've been busy working and I've been using Sketchup in Wine as FreeCad has not, at the present moment, a minimum of acceptable productivity at WoodWorking to be used professionally (I do work professionally as a woodworker but not with a CNC so I'm not i...
by iogui
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:23 pm
Forum: Help on using FreeCAD
Topic: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench
Replies: 82
Views: 14018

Re: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench

I think that restrict the domain just to fiberboard construction is too restrictive. To be able to build a more general purpose furniture is a must for me because I also work with haw wood. (Including beds, an tables and tools and anything that can be done with pieces of wood or boards, or both) I'v...
by iogui
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:58 pm
Forum: Developers corner
Topic: Python workbenches debugging
Replies: 12
Views: 756

Re: Python workbenches debugging

Remote debugging is indeed not available in the Community Edition and that might be the reason why you do not find the egg. No it isn't. I'm not using the community edition. I'm using the ultimate edition of Intellij that has indeed the python plugin. You can just attach the remote debugger to a ru...
by iogui
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 am
Forum: Help on using FreeCAD
Topic: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench
Replies: 82
Views: 14018

Re: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench

Kunda1 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:05 am
Back to the original topic. I found a macro called Macro Cabinets32 on the wiki. Has anyone tested it here?
No but it seems so restrictive that I see no real value on trying to use it for a more general case.
by iogui
Sun May 19, 2019 1:59 am
Forum: Help on using FreeCAD
Topic: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench
Replies: 82
Views: 14018

Re: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench

What's your vision? What tools do you think we can implement first? I think we should implement first the basics as I've already said in this post . I promised to publish more details about my vision but unfortunately I do have some healthy problems which I do need to address first. Take care of yo...
by iogui
Wed May 15, 2019 5:15 pm
Forum: Help on using FreeCAD
Topic: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench
Replies: 82
Views: 14018

Re: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench

There could be a button that appears when you hover over a joint like this and it lets you toggle the joint type! Some inspiration for the workflow here: https://youtu.be/FWskGKAi-wk?t=87 Let's just do first things first, ok? To have tools that are able to automatically build a joint would be reall...
by iogui
Wed May 15, 2019 2:28 am
Forum: Help on using FreeCAD
Topic: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench
Replies: 82
Views: 14018

Re: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench

Another idea crosses my mind now: Imagine drawing a cabinet "diagram" by hand, with the sketcher? Something like this: Then you'd be able to "attach" panels to a certain edge of the sketch... That could be an interesting way to proceed I think. Of course there we would have the problem of toponamin...
by iogui
Wed May 15, 2019 1:04 am
Forum: Help on using FreeCAD
Topic: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench
Replies: 82
Views: 14018

Re: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench

The basic assumption - there is a "panel" object that is the base building block of all the furniture WB - seems very right to me. It might not cover 100% of the needs, but it will cover 99%. Which is efficient enough The remaining 1% is therefore indeed covered by allowing objects from other workb...
by iogui
Tue May 14, 2019 1:45 am
Forum: Help on using FreeCAD
Topic: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench
Replies: 82
Views: 14018

Re: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench

Rock on, @iogui! Don't worry, @Artis. We will keep going with this project. Unfortunately tough, as I can just work on it in my spare time, there will be times that I will be silent for some days as I'm too busy to look at it. Just as @yorik previously said, we need a good plan before coding and we...
by iogui
Tue May 07, 2019 12:26 am
Forum: Install / Compile
Topic: Topic hijacked, I'm no longer interested in trying to maintain it
Replies: 54
Views: 9601

Re: Topic hijacked, I'm no longer interested in trying to maintain it

I understand NormandC frustration and I can see the good job he has been doing providing so much valuable information in this forum for many years but I don't agree with the way he has dealt with this particular situation in this topic. It seemed to me too aggressive. Not that my opinion means much ...

Go to advanced search