Search found 11981 matches

Go to advanced search

by yorik
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:07 pm
Forum: IFC
Topic: [IFC Export] Problems with IFC (structural view) export/import
Replies: 16
Views: 925

Re: [IFC Export] Problems with IFC (structural view) export/import

I can't find this Nodes property for Arch Walls. Could this be the reason why for Walls the IFC-Exporter don't work Yes. Indeed walls don't have that property. You should either model walls using the Structure tool (change their IFC type to Wall afterwards), or use the wall tool, then use the struc...
by yorik
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:14 pm
Forum: Draft, Arch & BIM
Topic: BIM videos made with FreeCAD
Replies: 7
Views: 399

Re: BIM videos made with FreeCAD

Great videos!!
by yorik
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:49 pm
Forum: IFC
Topic: [IFC Export] Problems with IFC (structural view) export/import
Replies: 16
Views: 925

Re: [IFC Export] Problems with IFC (structural view) export/import

I see two problems here: 1) the slabs loops are open and 2) sometimes wrongly placed. Basically any Arch Structural object in FreeCAD has a Nodes property (that you can show in the 3D view). That is what is exported to structural IFC. This Nodes property is a simple sequence of 3D vectors. For a col...
by yorik
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:44 pm
Forum: Developers corner
Topic: Two workbenches one file type.
Replies: 1
Views: 236

Re: Two workbenches one file type.

I think it works with both.
by yorik
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:41 pm
Forum: Open discussion
Topic: AddOn manager and gitlab
Replies: 2
Views: 262

Re: AddOn manager and gitlab

The addon manager should work with gitlab, yes. What's the symptom?
I'll have a look at it too..
by yorik
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:39 pm
Forum: Open discussion
Topic: AddOn manager clones master, but github switched to main
Replies: 19
Views: 1010

Re: AddOn manager clones master, but github switched to main

The problem is here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... es.py#L251
When gitpython is not used, the above function is used to retrieve the location of the zip file. The question is, how to know the correct url?
by yorik
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:35 pm
Forum: Open discussion
Topic: AutoCAD Blocks Attributes equivalent in FreeCAD
Replies: 3
Views: 208

Re: AutoCAD Blocks Attributes equivalent in FreeCAD

I would also like to have such functionality... Even more maybe, a kind of way for any Draft object to have any number of annotations. Maybe just a simple "Annotation" property, to start with? With acompanying TextPlacement, Font, FontSize... Then the contents of the Annotation property could be bui...
by yorik
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:15 pm
Forum: Open discussion
Topic: FreeCAD for 2D drawing
Replies: 30
Views: 1369

Re: FreeCAD for 2D drawing

What could be useful is an "automatic create Draft dimensions from sketch dimensions" tool and maybe another contrary tool. Really Draft could become like AutoCAD Lt. I don't think there is much missing. The most important part for me would be to have good vector hatching. I'd like to tackle adaptin...
by yorik
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:04 pm
Forum: Open discussion
Topic: We Need Text-based File Format
Replies: 17
Views: 650

Re: We Need Text-based File Format

It's not so simple... While indeed 95% of what you have in an .FCStd file is indeed text, and the remaining 5% could be converted to text, there would be very little advantage. Most part of these 95% are brep files, which are text, but that you can barely call human-readable. Opening a FreeCAD file ...
by yorik
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:34 pm
Forum: Announcements & Features
Topic: Arch panel tools
Replies: 11
Views: 8339

Re: Arch panel tools

Finally fixed in git commit c745f4ef5eba5

Go to advanced search