Hi. Whilst this is way far too technical, the 'feature' for 'consistent / unique identification of sketch edges survive changes' is tested.
Not sure this is directly related here.
Always think this features should solve the problem in Link To External Edge and helps a lot.
(e.g. problem in using sketch as base for architectural layout
- https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... t=external
Link between two sketches)
(Other previous related discussions
sketch.Geometry[index].Tag == Unique identification survive changes?
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 6&start=50
Sketcher feature request: "publish" any element)
- 1st with a few edges
- 2nd with 3 External Edges from the 1st
- 2nd with 2 edges coincident with the External Edge end/start points
- Delete 2 edges with edge index before the selected 'external edge' and after
Used to be Behaviour (Undesirable)
- The edges indexes are shifted
- 2nd Sketch will have External Edges 'shifted'
- Edge 'build' on the External Edges will change
Now Behaviour (Desirable + Intuitive)
- The edge 'new kind of index' seem consistent
- 2nd Sketch will NOT have External Edge 'shifted'
- Edge 'build' on the External Edges will NOT change
Thinking now the External Edges are kind of 'construction geometry'... could these be selected by users and turn directly into edge / 'kind of' Export feature?
1st SKETCH with Edges Deleted - No impact on 2nd Sketch (Good!)