[Solved] FC Crashes after opening sketcher FC 0.20(Debug mode)

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wmayer
Founder

Re: FC Crashes after opening sketcher FC 0.20(Debug mode)

Post by wmayer »

MikeLemon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:09 pm ( BTW where exacly does free cad store the global FC default parameters? )
Under %APPDATA%\FreeCAD\user.cfg
MikeLemon

Post by MikeLemon »

wmayer wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:53 pm
MikeLemon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:09 pm ( BTW where exacly does free cad store the global FC default parameters? )
Under %APPDATA%\FreeCAD\user.cfg
Ahh cool foud it, thanks again for the help!
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Any news?
MikeLemon

Post by MikeLemon »

wmayer wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:12 pmAny news?
It was so simple an unrelated you solved it in the 17th's of september and didn't notice it LOL.

the thing that caused FC to crash was overlapping shortcuts for actions I did in 0.19 when experimenting with it so resetting all shortcuts to default like you said actually fixed it.

Thanks again for the help didn't have much time messing around with it (opening a new conventional and CNC machine shop so I'll probably have to play with FC alot by then).

I Guess I'll start with improving the sketcher or atleast try to and I'm interested in making some nice looking UI macros and tools to create some of the missing tools that their need pops up sometimes.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

the thing that caused FC to crash was overlapping shortcuts for actions I did in 0.19 when experimenting with it so resetting all shortcuts to default like you said actually fixed it.
OK, but even then the application shouldn't simply crash. I set the same shortcut for two actions but for me it doesn't crash.

So, since it works for you now I marked this topic as Solved. In case you manage to reproduce the crash then let us know, please.