Progress thread of New Design456 Workbench - FreeCAD's Direct Modeling workbench

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
chennes

Re: Progress thread of New Design456 Workbench - FreeCAD's Direct Modeling workbench

Post by chennes »

adrianinsaval wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:22 am could you check it out? I think you've been working with the addon manager lately? sorry to bother if that's not the case.
Yes, I can look into it.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
doia

Re: Progress thread of New Design456 Workbench - FreeCAD's Direct Modeling workbench

Post by doia »

It seems I have the same problem with updating the Design 456 WB Add-on. I get the following message within the Add-on manager:

Code: Select all

On branch main
Your branch and 'origin/main' have diverged,
and have 779 and 816 different commits each, respectively.
  (use "git pull" to merge the remote branch into yours)

You have unmerged paths.
  (fix conflicts and run "git commit")
  (use "git merge --abort" to abort the merge)

Unmerged paths:
  (use "git add <file>..." to mark resolution)
	both added:      Design456_2Ddrawing.py
	both added:      DirectModeling/Design456_SmartExtrudeRotate.py
	both modified:   FACE_D.py
	both modified:   InitGui.py
	both added:      ThreeDWidgets/fr_degreewheel_widget.py
	both added:      plane.py

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
Design456 was previously installed and working. On opening the Add-on manager and selecting the D456 WB there is a message that an update is available (blue banner on top). On pressing "Install/Update selected" the above mentioned message appears. After restart of FC the D456 WB is not listed in Preferences->Workbenches, but the Add-on manager shows D456 as installed.

FreeCAD version:
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.25997 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 77b198048a63f1e9ca15eef64c8042d599a14cf3
Python version: 3.9.7
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.5.2
Locale: C/Default (C)

Edit:
Going into the install folder under ~/Library/Preferences/FreeCAD/Mod and using a manual git pull command did not resolve the error.
I manually deleted the D456 folder from ~/Library/Preferences/FreeCAD/Mod, restarted FC and reinstalled D456 from the Add-on manager. Now it works again. But I'm puzzled why there were messed up git commits, as I did not tinkered with the Mod folder directly before.
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

Remove the folder totally and reinstall it from Addonmanager.
It seems that your files are changed (why don't know) and git cannot update it as there is a conflict between them. So, remove the directory totally and reinstall it please.
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

A note regarding a behavior you might find in my WB.
As I discussed this issue before, I would like to make it clear for everyone. This is not a bug. Or it is a bug but there is no solution than what I suggest for you now.

Problem Description:
Any movement, extrusion ..etc of COIN3D drawings I have, uses the mouse movement. First click is counted as selection/give focus if not mouse movement detects. But as soon as you click and move the mouse without having a release, mouse-DRAG will activates. It will not finish that before getting a release event.
This is an issue if you want to select a face, edge ..etc after you started a tool. Even if you make mouse release, but you have the mouse over the 3D object (FreeCAD - not my COIN3D drawing), my widget cannot detect the mouse release since FreeCAD uses the events and doesn't forward any event to my widget.

Solution or workaround the issue:
I introduced before the availability of Enter (both Keypad and Enter) and letter key "E" as a replacement for the mouse-release event.

I am afraid there will be no other solution for this problem. At least if this workbench not gets all events from FreeCAD core. That will not be achieved if this workbench dosen't become as a part of FreeCAD, I am afraid.