Mac pre-release download way behind Windows version

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: Mac pre-release download way behind Windows version

Post by sgrogan »

How is the 3Dconnection stuff acquired on a users local system? We need to do this on the Travis VM to get this to work.
"fight the good fight"
legndlarry33

Post by legndlarry33 »

Just jumped over from here, per request:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13515&start=10

Unfortunately I don't think I'll have much to add here because reading some of the other post in this thread has been like trying to read sanskrit, but I have been trying to get the space navigator to work on my Mac. All I have been doing though has been downloading the file and opening it from my desktop. Spacenav works in other programs but tabs in FreeCAD options just show "No Spacebar Present".

Hope that helps in some way
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

legndlarry33 wrote:All I have been doing though has been downloading the file and opening it from my desktop.
Sorry, I'm osx illiterate. What download link?
Thanks for responding :D
"fight the good fight"
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

legndlarry33 wrote: And then I tried the two here...
Sorry again :oops: I mean the osx specific 3DCconnection on your system, not FreeCAD.
Thanks Again :)
"fight the good fight"
legndlarry33

Post by legndlarry33 »

Ahhh... That one is even easier...

Plug it in and then download/install drivers from here:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

legndlarry33 wrote:Ahhh... That one is even easier...

Plug it in and then download/install drivers from here:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html
So you are using the proprietary drivers....have you, or anyone else here, tried the opensource one on OSX to see if it is better or not?
legndlarry33

Post by legndlarry33 »

I have not... Happy to give it a shot, but going to need a little more direction on where to get it... Sorry
blacey

Post by blacey »

FreeCAD Mac OS X build 0.16_pre-715ae4e is available for download on Github and is current through FreeCAD master commit 715ae4e. This build resolves the Plot/matplotlib problem @brusk reported. All Mac Users - Please DOWNLOAD AND TEST this build

We continue to invest time into a unified .travis.yml configuration file that we can ultimately use to simultaneously produce the linux and mac os x builds on the master FreeCAD repository. Once we complete this initiative, it will enable others to easily fork and improve the build process for both Linux and Mac OS X on the master repo. Ultimately, our build matrix should include macports and potentially other toolchains.

Apologies for the lack of Mac OS X progress and updates but I was traveling for the Holidays with family and friends.

Here are the aforementioned build details...

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.16.6167 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: tag: 0.16_pre-715ae4e
Hash: f4b736557e9a5c723aa06c0dba1e2eacefb0194e
Python version: 2.7.11
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 3.1.3
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
brusk

Post by brusk »

blacey wrote:FreeCAD Mac OS X build 0.16_pre-715ae4e is available for download on Github and is current through FreeCAD master commit 715ae4e. This build resolves the Plot/matplotlib problem @brusk reported. All Mac Users - Please DOWNLOAD AND TEST this build

We continue to invest time into a unified .travis.yml configuration file that we can ultimately use to simultaneously produce the linux and mac os x builds on the master FreeCAD repository. Once we complete this initiative, it will enable others to easily fork and improve the build process for both Linux and Mac OS X on the master repo. Ultimately, our build matrix should include macports and potentially other toolchains.

Apologies for the lack of Mac OS X progress and updates but I was traveling for the Holidays with family and friends.
Don't apologise, you've done great work!

I can import Plot but even better, the self test is passing and I can insert drawings with circles in them without the oce bezier bug crash :D ! Thank you so much! Now I can continue with my loudspeaker project :) .