Introduction

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
blacey

Introduction

Post by blacey »

Hello FreeCAD developers. I have been using FreeCAD the past several weeks and am impressed with the current capabilities and future potential across the supported platforms. I am a longtime Mac user and developer and have been working with @peterl94, @ian.rees, @sgrogan and @brusk on the Mac builds. We now have 0.16_pre Mac builds working reliably on Travis-CI and are anxious to integrate this into the FreeCAD master via a future pull-request. The goal is a unified .travis.yml configuration file that will produce both linux and mac os x builds but to achieve that goal, we still have some work to do. To progress this effort, I need guidance/help with the following:
  • Mantis registration: A couple of weeks ago, I registered for a FreeCAD mantis account to open an issue for this work, but I never received the activation email. I'm not sure who to contact regarding to complete the Mantis registration... If the appropriate person reads this, please advise. Other knowledgeable people, please let me know whom I should contact and how...
  • Linux/Mac OS X CI unification: The pull request will include both the Linux and Mac OS X build configuration for Travis-CI. Who is the go-to person for the Linux build configuration so I can collaborate with them off-line before creating a pull request.
  • Github Deploy: Currently the Mac OS X .travis.yml file automatically deploys each build as a Github release. To migrate this capability to the FreeCAD/master repo, we will need to use the appropriate FreeCAD credentials. With whom should I work this aspect?
Cheers,
Bruce
Last edited by blacey on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: Introduction

Post by sgrogan »

Thanks blacey for this!
blacey wrote:Mantis registration: A couple of weeks ago, I registered for a FreeCAD mantis account to open an issue for this work, but I never received the activation email. I'm not sure who to contact regarding to complete the Mantis registration... If the appropriate person reads this, please advise. Other knowledgeable people, please let me know whom I should contact and how...
I had a similar problem with a US internet service provider. I would suggest a PM to yorik or jmaustpc from this forum.
blacey wrote:and how...
Linux/Mac OS X CI unification: The pull request will include both the Linux and Mac OS X build configuration for Travis-CI. Who is the go-to person for the Linux build configuration so I can collaborate with them off-line before creating a pull request.
User PrzemoF spearheaded the integration of Travis-CI, he's on holiday, but the Linux side doesn't do any deployment at this time. Maintaining a CI functionality is what is important at this point, IMHO, does FreeCAD compile on Ubuntu 12.04? Is the needed functionality
blacey wrote:Github Deploy: Currently the Mac OS X .travis.yml file automatically deploys each build as a Github release. To migrate this capability to the FreeCAD/master repo, we will need to use the appropriate FreeCAD credentials. With whom should I work this aspect?
We need to figure this out with Yorik. My scripts at the moment can create a release, but not upload assets. I'm good with adding the Windows assets to your releases.
"fight the good fight"
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

sgrogan wrote: blacey wrote:
Mantis registration: A couple of weeks ago, I registered for a FreeCAD mantis account to open an issue for this work, but I never received the activation email. I'm not sure who to contact regarding to complete the Mantis registration... If the appropriate person reads this, please advise. Other knowledgeable people, please let me know whom I should contact and how...

I had a similar problem with a US internet service provider. I would suggest a PM to yorik or jmaustpc from this forum.
How did you resolve it in your case? Were they filtering it as spam?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

jmaustpc wrote: How did you resolve it in your case? Were they filtering it as spam?
I could never work it out so I had to use a different e-mail. earthlink was the problem account
"fight the good fight"