add feature, create circle, part create primatives dialogue

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

add feature, create circle, part create primatives dialogue

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi Werner and all

These files are in the same area that I was working on a few days ago.

I have made two updates.
1) added feature create circle in part ... create primitives ...., see below
2) corrected the maximum value for the conical apex angle in "create helix" to the correct number 89.99 , based on our precision of 0.01, (was only 89.00 in my last version), very minor detail but at least its now correct.

In part create "primitives dialogue", I have added create circle. It was there in the source code but not in the GUI, I just added it to the GUI. It is now the last item on the drop down list after create "helix".

This first zip file is a pair of files that includes BOTH the updates 1) and 2) above. I have included the second zipped file "DlgPrimitives.ui.zip" in case you don't want to accept my added feature "create circle", in the GUi "create primitives" dialogue.

This zip archive has BOTH fix and added feature
[attachment=1]correctMaxConicalHelixAngleTo89_99andAddCreatCircleToDialoguePrimatives.zip[/attachment]

This zip file has only the bug fix, so if you accept the added feature above you can ignore this file
[attachment=0]DlgPrimitives.ui.zip[/attachment]

The next thing I intend to work on will be a slightly bigger effort. I am selecting things that are within my very limited abilities and learning as I go. I am basing my decisions on what is easy, half done already, or almost a duplication of something very similar, so that I can work it all out, without having to annoy anyone with silly questions, as much as possible. :oops:

Bye for now

Jim
Attachments
DlgPrimitives.ui.zip
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
correctMaxConicalHelixAngleTo89_99andAddCreatCircleToDialoguePrimatives.zip
(7.29 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
wmayer
Founder

Re: add feature, create circle, part create primatives dialogue

Post by wmayer »

OK, just committed your changes. Thanks!