PartDesign Hole feature

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: PartDesign Hole feature

Post by triplus »

We had much discussions about creating threads in the past and OCC/OCE just isn't there yet to make the experience streamlined. ;)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

What I would like to have is the type of hole as a data field. Modeling and displaying the hole accordingly seems to be slight overkill.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
eivindkvedalen

Post by eivindkvedalen »

Hi all,

I've just submitted PR#898 now, adding a Hole feature to the new PartDesign workbench. There are a few issues left, but should be usable and allowed to be tested by a broader audience now :D.

Eivind
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

Wohoo, more work for Kurt :D
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

Exiting finally a descent Hole feature :D
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Nice to see new features emerging. :)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thank you very much. What a pity that I don't have any time at the moment for those fun stuff.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
fosselius

Post by fosselius »

I have compiled it and reviewed some of the code. Looks good. Will play around with it later today.

Update: This is awesome! i do like. I would like to be able to specify the "fit" a bit better (out of ISO spec) as i work with 3d prints and have shrinkage to account for... The code looks neat as well.
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

Great work, eivindkvedalen! This is something I've wanted for a long time.

Is it possible to create a thru hole without specifying depth or is that not implemented yet? The only option I see for depth is "dimension."

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.11659 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: FeatureHole
Hash: 06bb7d73e5e8ea6510f014fe40b480c060fd947c
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
eivindkvedalen

Post by eivindkvedalen »

peterl94 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:35 am Great work, eivindkvedalen! This is something I've wanted for a long time.

Is it possible to create a thru hole without specifying depth or is that not implemented yet? The only option I see for depth is "dimension."
I've updated my PR to include through all now. This was originally implemented (in the same way as in pocket), but I'd forgotten about it. I knew up to face wasn't working, so I disabled both of them before the PR.

Note: The update is a forced update of my branch (this also conveniently starts a new build of the PR). I also rebased it to current master.

Eivind