OCC Bugs in the Bugtracker

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: OCC Bugs in the Bugtracker

Post by Kunda1 »

It was a long shot but I failed to get the chennes' patch to be merged upstream via the OCC forums :smirk: which is lame since the patch is pretty straight forward.

Anyway...anyone volunteer to post to their tracker?

In the meantime..i'm going to close the tickets that are associated with this fix

edit: resolved all associated tickets in our tracker and updated the bugs in this OP
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

I thought that i had seen that Abdullah has post on their bugtracker
abdullah wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:45 pm ping
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Jee-Bee wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:57 pm I thought that i had seen that Abdullah has post on their bugtracker
abdullah wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:45 pm ping
I am not sure Chennes fix and my fix is for the same bug. My fixes are in their bugtracker... but if somebody thinks getting something merged in FreeCAD is difficult is because it has not try with OCCT :D
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Kunda1 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:14 pm It was a long shot but I failed to get the chennes' patch to be merged upstream via the OCC forums :smirk: which is lame since the patch is pretty straight forward.
I am surprised they resisted your charm... maybe that reply comes from a forum robot...
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

abdullah wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:43 pm I am not sure Chennes fix and my fix is for the same bug. My fixes are in their bugtracker... but if somebody thinks getting something merged in FreeCAD is difficult is because it has not try with OCCT :D
My "fix" is also in the tracker now -- I am hopeful that since my changes don't actually change anything this will be an "easy" review. But of course no telling how long that will take!

https://tracker.dev.opencascade.org/view.php?id=32181
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Note to self: need to update OP with upstream ticket :point_up_2:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

Well, I hoped in vain, of course. They want test cases. Since I can't work on OCCT stuff at work (CLA...) I'm not sure how to proceed. Anyone out there familiar with their process?
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

abdullah wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:43 pm I am not sure Chennes fix and my fix is for the same bug. My fixes are in their bugtracker... but if somebody thinks getting something merged in FreeCAD is difficult is because it has not try with OCCT :D
No it was not the same bug but i can remember that you have a login for the OCC bug tracker ;)
tanderson69
Veteran

Post by tanderson69 »

abdullah wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:43 pm I am not sure Chennes fix and my fix is for the same bug.
Your commits and Chennes commits don't conflict. If they are for the same bug it was handled differently. The 2nd and 3rd commits have my name, but it is your(abdullah's) work.
https://gitlab.com/blobfish/occt/-/commits/blobfish/
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

Well, things continue to proceed with my ticket - they had some more (simple) changes to request, but on their end have been proactively working on getting the patch to pass their regression tests.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System