Can OCC handle variable section sweep?

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
jmaustpc

Re: Can OCC handle variable section sweep?

Postby jmaustpc » Sat May 19, 2012 2:21 am

kwahooo wrote:I've tried write parametric feature script, but without success. I'm stuck at list (multiple wires) handling:( Is somewhere script example for similar feature?
What I was thinking of doing was one of the following
1) copy Werner's shape builder from Part WB and adapt it to makepipeshell, and possibly maketube etc.
2) another thought was to extend shape builder to include these functions
3) copy Part Loft dialogue and adapt that to these functions
4) make something that is an extension of 3) (like a double version one above the other) where you can select multiple spine elements in one section and multiple cross sections in another

I couldn't make up my mind which way I thought would be best, so I decided to get familiar with the functions from the Python command line first and then think about it further.

Each method has its good and bad points. Once I had decided my own opinion I intended to post my ideas here for comment.

So what do you and others think?

Jim
kwahooo

Postby kwahooo » Sun May 20, 2012 6:04 pm

According to KISS principle option 3 is the best.
jmaustpc wrote: 3) copy Part Loft dialogue and adapt that to these functions
Should I write feature request?
jmaustpc

Postby jmaustpc » Mon May 21, 2012 12:04 am

kwahooo wrote:According to KISS principle option 3 is the best.
jmaustpc wrote: 3) copy Part Loft dialogue and adapt that to these functions
Should I write feature request?
Good morning.

Possibly, but first have a look at Mantis and the wiki to see if it, or something similar is already requested. This is a similar (if not the same) thing listed on the wiki but for the PartDesign work bench. I have been busy elsewhere and haven't finished looking into it. But please look at it and see what you think.

Jim
kwahooo

Postby kwahooo » Thu May 24, 2012 5:34 pm

jmaustpc wrote: Possibly, but first have a look at Mantis and the wiki to see if it, or something similar is already requested.
Yes, it is. Mantis entry: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/f ... php?id=144