Python generated : Loft part : missing output ?

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
soaring

Python generated : Loft part : missing output ?

Post by soaring »

Hello !

I'm trying to generate python code from an outside tool in order to automate some part creation.

this is my scenario in freecad :

in draft module, i draw 2 closed bspline, the same spaced from a Z distance
Then in part module i use the Loft tool to "bind" these 2 closed bspline

I want to analyse the generated python code un python console, all is fine, but if i want to redo the same by copy/paste python code, i draw only the 2 bspline, create the loft part, but there's no "bind" / loft between spline as it does with freecad interface :-(

As i understand, python code used to "bind"/loft the 2 spline is not exported to the console and stay in c++ code ?

is there a way to achieve my scenario ?

if i can analyze all python generated code in freecad console, i can do my exteral do that automate lot of manual and tiedous work....

thanks for your help !
soaring

Re: Python generated : Loft part : missing output ?

Post by soaring »

In addition, i'm currently looking for FreeCad source code but disappointed to not find reference to "loft" or "sweep" keyword when i search in files :-(
soaring

Post by soaring »

In fact, it's a screen refresh problem. If i had another part after executing python code (ie: cube), the Loft is displayed !
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

soaring wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:23 pm In fact, it's a screen refresh problem.
Sorry if you have done it, but sometimes it is the most simple things that are missing: did you end your python code with a recompute()?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.