Topological Naming (another take)

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ezzieyguywuf

Re: Topological Naming (another take)

Post by ezzieyguywuf »

freecad-heini-1 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:23 pm No panic, keep cool. It doesn't matter if I can toy around with your topo-naming improvement tomorrow or next week. The best thing is, that two nice an talented people are sharing their time and effort for to find a solution for that damn topo-naming issue. 8-)
I have uploaded a new version which includes the python3.6 library. Let me know if that works for you.

On a related note, I looked a bit harder at realthunder's appimage generation script, and I don't think it will work for me as I do not run ubuntu on my computer, and it seems that it somehow uses deb packages.
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

ezzieyguywuf wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:48 pm
freecad-heini-1 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:23 pm No panic, keep cool. It doesn't matter if I can toy around with your topo-naming improvement tomorrow or next week. The best thing is, that two nice an talented people are sharing their time and effort for to find a solution for that damn topo-naming issue. 8-)
I have uploaded a new version which includes the python3.6 library. Let me know if that works for you.

On a related note, I looked a bit harder at realthunder's appimage generation script, and I don't think it will work for me as I do not run ubuntu on my computer, and it seems that it somehow uses deb packages.
Thank you so much, but still no success on my Xubuntu 16.04:

Code: Select all

./testFreeCAD4.appimage 
APP_DIR=/tmp/.mount_testFr2Y0Vw6
/tmp/.mount_testFr2Y0Vw6/usr/bin/FreeCAD: error while loading shared libraries: libCoin.so.60: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ezzieyguywuf

Post by ezzieyguywuf »

freecad-heini-1 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:07 pm still no success on my Xubuntu 16.04:
Hah thanks for your patience in testing! I'm sure it can be frustrating with the large file sizes. I've level-upped my appimage understanding ,and used the ldd tool to find what libraries my freecad is linking against. I've added xerces, coin, and boost libraries to this latest appimage. I did not include Qt5 stuff as I assumed it would bring the file size up by quite a bit - if you have problems with this latest, though, I think qt5 will be the last thing to add and then it should have everything (and the kitchen sink). Your xubuntu should have qt5 libs though, I hope...

Anywho, you can grab the latest attempt here on the releases page
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

ezzieyguywuf wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:49 pm
freecad-heini-1 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:07 pm still no success on my Xubuntu 16.04:
Hah thanks for your patience in testing! I'm sure it can be frustrating with the large file sizes. I've level-upped my appimage understanding ,and used the ldd tool to find what libraries my freecad is linking against. I've added xerces, coin, and boost libraries to this latest appimage. I did not include Qt5 stuff as I assumed it would bring the file size up by quite a bit - if you have problems with this latest, though, I think qt5 will be the last thing to add and then it should have everything (and the kitchen sink). Your xubuntu should have qt5 libs though, I hope...

Anywho, you can grab the latest attempt here on the releases page
I'm so sorry, it's a hard birth ... :(

./testFreeCAD5 
APP_DIR=/tmp/.mount_testFrQ2Ejiy
/tmp/.mount_testFrQ2Ejiy/usr/bin/FreeCAD: error while loading shared libraries: libevent-2.1.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ezzieyguywuf

Post by ezzieyguywuf »

Try this one please :) https://github.com/ezzieyguywuf/FreeCAD ... 17.devEzr1
freecad-heini-1 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:49 pm ping
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

ezzieyguywuf wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:55 am Try this one please :) https://github.com/ezzieyguywuf/FreeCAD ... 17.devEzr1
freecad-heini-1 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:49 pm ping
Hi ezzieyguywuf,
I'm so sorry that it's so complicated to create an appimage and I can't help.
I have no skills in this direction. Maybe realthunder can help.

./testFreeCAD6 
APP_DIR=/tmp/.mount_testFreMgPxw
/tmp/.mount_testFreMgPxw/usr/bin/FreeCAD: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Best regards
Wilfried
ezzieyguywuf

Post by ezzieyguywuf »

freecad-heini-1 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:27 am Best regards
Wilfried
Thanks for all the help with testing. I've bitten the bullet and created a virtualbox with lubuntu installed on it (It actually wasn't that hard). I'll use that for further testing and update you once I finally have it working. I was able to replicate your last error on my lubuntu, so it seems the setup is working correctly.

Edit: I also figured out (one of) the reason(s) that my appimage's are so much larger that realthunder's: I'm including the debug version of opencascade as opposed to the release version. I'll change this too to decrease the filesize.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Hi @ezzieyguywuf.

Today i had a bit more free time again and decided to test the compiling instructions again to no avail. Anyway i guess it is not all that important for me to succeed with that ATM. You i guess need to get your work in the hands of regular users and therefore effort like AppImage should have much bigger priority for now. As end users will for sure tell you and @realthunder what works for them and what not. :)
ezzieyguywuf

Post by ezzieyguywuf »

triplus wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:42 pm Hi @ezzieyguywuf.

Today i had a bit more free time again and decided to test the compiling instructions again to no avail. Anyway i guess it is not all that important for me to succeed with that ATM. You i guess need to get your work in the hands of regular users and therefore effort like AppImage should have much bigger priority for now. As end users will for sure tell you and @realthunder what works for them and what not. :)
Can you post what error you had trying this? I've tested the compilation steps a few times successfully, though I have not yet tested on the lubuntu system I just set up.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

ezzieyguywuf wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:59 pm Can you post what error you had trying this? I've tested the compilation steps a few times successfully, though I have not yet tested on the lubuntu system I just set up.
This still happens on my side:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 50#p224797

Errors like:

error: no matching function for call to ‘std::pair<const unsigned int, std::vector<unsigned int> >::pair(long unsigned int, unsigned int&)’
  { ::new((void *)__p) _Up(std::forward<_Args>(__args)...); }
/usr/include/c++/5/bits/stl_pair.h:136:27: error: no type named ‘type’ in ‘struct std::enable_if<false, void>’
P.S. CMake version still needs to be lowered manually on Ubuntu 16.04.