[PR] Sketcher Solver Improvements

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Re: [PR] Sketcher Solver Improvements

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

Thank you so much abdullah.
I toyed a bit around with your sketcher improvement and I like it. Really great!!! :mrgreen:
sketcher_improvement.png
sketcher_improvement.png (87.44 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
Best regards
Wilfried

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.5235 (Git shallow)
Build type: None
Branch: sketcher_dof_finder_plus_redundant_recognition_improvement
Hash: 55cd718faed5b9521b3ceb1f0d0fdf429eb9621e
Python version: 2.7.6
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Today the DOF finder did a marvellous job: Usually I'm pretty good in not leaving any DOFs when designing a sketch but today I had to rework something and when deleting and adding geometry I often have troubles in finding the DOFs.
DOF finder found them, showed them, I repaired them and everything was fine.
Thank you!

Hope to see this in master soon.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

chrisb wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:19 pm Hope to see this in master soon
+1
chrisb
Veteran

Re: [request for testing] Sketcher Solver Improvements

Post by chrisb »

Since I'm waiting for this to be in master I watched the pull request. It says something about "branch is out-of-date with the base branch".
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
abdullah
Veteran

Re: [request for testing] Sketcher Solver Improvements

Post by abdullah »

chrisb wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:34 pm
Since I'm waiting for this to be in master I watched the pull request. It says something about "branch is out-of-date with the base branch".
I did not know that would be an issue. I rebased. New PR:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/1437
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

any reason it don't become in master... looks like great improvement to me..
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Jee-Bee wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:24 am any reason it don't become in master... looks like great improvement to me..
It solves such long lasting issues, it might even justify a stable 0.18. In the meantime the pullrequest requires rebasing, so I hope it will not rise any new issues.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Jee-Bee wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:24 am any reason it don't become in master... looks like great improvement to me..
chrisb wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:33 pm It solves such long lasting issues, it might even justify a stable 0.18. In the meantime the pullrequest requires rebasing, so I hope it will not rise any new issues.
The code is there and almost nobody touches sketcher solver code these days, so it won't get obsolete easily. Eventually Werner will come to PR reviewing again...it is the cycle of (FreeCAD) life. If rebasing is needed, rebasing will be done... ;)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

abdullah wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:47 pm The code is there and almost nobody touches sketcher solver code these days, so it won't get obsolete easily.
That's reassuring, it's no problem here to wait.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The solver improvements have reached master and I am really glad about it. During the last days I had really many posts about redundant constraints. Now I will just recommend the current development version.

Thank you, Abdullah!