Picking-transparent coin objects

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
abdullah
Veteran

Picking-transparent coin objects

Post by abdullah »

Hi!

I am searching for something that I do not know if it exists.

When I try to use the carbon-copy tool, there is mostly a solid in the middle between the viewer and the sketch I want to carbon-copy.

Currently I solve this by going to the tree and making solids invisible. This is cumbersome and somehow you lose perspective when you have several sketches of similar shape.

I was thinking if there is some "coin level" artifact that I could use to temporarely make a ViewProvider unpickable, so that even if there is a solid in the middle, the ray when I click will hit the selection (the sketch) under the solid.

P.S.: I am planning an array of tools to make sketcher edition easier while using carbon copy, and importing external geometry, as well as the possibility of toggling supports, maybe also managing body transparency, though I am not sure how useful that one could be once the sections PR gets merged.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: Picking-transparent coin objects

Post by easyw-fc »

abdullah wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:44 am Hi!

I am searching for something that I do not know if it exists.

When I try to use the carbon-copy tool, there is mostly a solid in the middle between the viewer and the sketch I want to carbon-copy.

Currently I solve this by going to the tree and making solids invisible. This is cumbersome and somehow you lose perspective when you have several sketches of similar shape.

I was thinking if there is some "coin level" artifact that I could use to temporarely make a ViewProvider unpickable, so that even if there is a solid in the middle, the ray when I click will hit the selection (the sketch) under the solid.

P.S.: I am planning an array of tools to make sketcher edition easier while using carbon copy, and importing external geometry, as well as the possibility of toggling supports, maybe also managing body transparency, though I am not sure how useful that one could be once the sections PR gets merged.
may be this is related
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p234462
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

easyw-fc wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:03 am may be this is related
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p234462
Looks like...
DeepSOIC wrote:...
how are managing this X-ray select thru?
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

I found your code, is this available in stock tempoVis?

tv.setUnpickable(obj)

EDIT: Yes it is!! :)