If FC going to use pyocct?

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ZbynekWinkler

If FC going to use pyocct?

Post by ZbynekWinkler »

I am wondering if FC is moving in the direction of using pyocct. Is this https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD_Cond ... /meta.yaml just a side branch or the "blessed direction"?
looo
Veteran

Re: If FC going to use pyocct?

Post by looo »

I would like to make conda-packages of freecad work with pyocct. But it doesn't mean freecad will use pyocct directly. I guess such a dependency would be simple too hard to maintain. Also freecad has it's own python bindings to occt.

But using the same dependencies will definitely help both projects to evolve.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

FreeCAD and pyocc are compatible since a long time... he Part module has two toPyOCC and fromPyOCC methods to convett back and forth between pyocc objects
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

FreeCAD and pyocc are compatible since a long time... he Part module has two toPyOCC and fromPyOCC methods to convett back and forth between pyocc objects
I wonder if anyone still uses this functionality.
Also pyocct != pythonocc
pyocct is occt7 based and the bindings are done with pybind11. pythonocc has not yet been ported to occt7 and uses swig for the bindings. toPyOCC and fromPyOCC won't work with pyocct.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

oho you 're right, i mixed up both projects... interesting,, i had not heard of pyocct