[SOLVED]: Sketcher cannot select points

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cliff314159

Re: [SOLVED]: Sketcher cannot select points

Post by cliff314159 »

OMG! I never imagined that it could matter what side you were looking at the sketch from while editing. Seems sort of silly but OK it that is the way it works.

Thank you for the insight into this behavior. I don't remember seeing this in any documentation.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

cliff314159 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:39 am I don't remember seeing this in any documentation.
Good to see this was the solution, I will keep this in mind and add it to the documentation.

If for some reason you want to edit from behind, e.g. because you have a paper plan or something, you can try to set "MapReversed" to true, and for pads and pockets you set the reversed option.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

There is definitely some weirdness/inconsistency when trying to edit a sketch from the back. See the GIF at the link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vkgfys6zlexx ... t.gif?dl=0
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I don't think it's weird. The points seem to have some virtual offset which makes them in normal view easy accessible. But the same technique hinders selection from the back, or even worse, when the sketch is tilted.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
cliff314159

Post by cliff314159 »

Map reverse looks like it would work if I had designed my sketch with that property set.

But unfortunately, or maybe that is the purpose of it, it reverses the "H" axis of the sketch when applied.

phpBB [video]
Dmitry216

Post by Dmitry216 »

This behaviour is misleading. I spent an hour approximately to find out what is happening. Please consider fixing this or add some info message to avoid user's delusion in future.

FreeCad 0.19-20310 development version.