[SOLVED]: Sketcher cannot select points

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: Bug: Sketcher cannot select points

Post by easyw-fc »

abdullah wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:50 pm This should fix it:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/1490
Thanks a lot Abdullah ... the Sketcher is getting better and better! :D
abdullah
Veteran

Re: Bug: Sketcher cannot select points

Post by abdullah »

easyw-fc wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 pm
abdullah wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:50 pm This should fix it:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/1490
Thanks a lot Abdullah ... the Sketcher is getting better and better! :D
Welcome! I hope so. This merge should have been a huge improvement in many aspects. Many of the tickets of GCS should have gone now.

As huge new impact of v.18 sketcher, most planned is merged now. In fact in the current PR pipeline, for the Sketcher, there is only:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/1421

This is the one allowing to make external geometry defining.

It is great that we have most already merged before summer, giving time for testing and trying to find bugs, so that the release is reasonable stable.

There I am sure you will contribute, as you try to use all the cutting edge features in master. So if you find bugs, let me know ;)
cliff314159

Re: [SOLVED]: Sketcher cannot select points

Post by cliff314159 »

Hi. I am experiencing much the same problem in my up-to-date build selecting vertexes in sketches so I came upon this thread.

I guess this is still a problem or am I doing something wrong?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.15864 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Branch: master
Hash: ad51185280ce03f56e6cf8b85501da327dbc679f
Python version: 3.7.2+
Qt version: 5.11.3
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Hi Cliff, welcome to the forum. Your image cannot be seen, you should use the preview button to verify before posting. You can upload images directly to the forum.

Your issue is exactly what the messages says: With the box selection you select both endpoints and not only one. This the distance constraint cannot be applied.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
cliff314159

Post by cliff314159 »

Sorry about the image. I thought it was not showing because I was new but I made a mistake in the link.
phpBB [video]

Yes this seems to be the behavior discussed here. In my case I am attempting to make a constraint between a line and vertex. The vertex selection is not taken into account.

Is this expected or has it been fixed?

I managed to make a similar constraint by picking the point with a click, but most times it is nearly impossible to select a sketch vertex by picking. Only the edges are selectable.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

As I said before: with box selection you select two endpoints and not one vertex. The distance cannot be applied to two points and a line. There is nothing to fix.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

On a high resolution display you can increase in preferences Display->MarkerSize and Display->Colors->PickRadius.
cliff314159

Post by cliff314159 »

Then how to I select a vertex?
cliff314159

Post by cliff314159 »

phpBB [video]

I increased the pick size to 10. It really makes no difference. The vertex almost never is selected. And there is no graphic feedback if it is.

I have an nvidia quadro 2000 using the legacy 96XX driver, if that makes a difference.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Looking at your video I'm pretty sure that it is something else: You are editing the sketch from behind. That makes selecting points very difficult. Close the sketch and open it again. Without turning the sketch you should be able to select the points.