Russian translation needs to be approve on crowdin

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Russian translation needs to be approve on crowdin

Post by chrisb »

kazan417 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:24 pm Also I need permission for editing freeCAD wiki.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6830
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

I made him an account
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
kazan417

Post by kazan417 »

Kunda1 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:11 am account
Thank you. I am already translate 1 page, but my account does not have enough privilige for some tasks.
I am trying to translate left wiki sidebar interface but wiki engine does not allow me to save it, because of MediaWiki:Protectedinterface.
Please promote my wiki account to admin, i want to translate wiki interface. Also we need to change menu links for better language handling. I can do that. With Special:MyLanguage option menu will be work better. It will send user to chosen language or to english as fallback.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

kazan417 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:15 pm
Kunda1 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:11 am account
Thank you. I am already translate 1 page, but my account does not have enough privilige for some tasks.
I am trying to translate left wiki sidebar interface but wiki engine does not allow me to save it, because of MediaWiki:Protectedinterface.
Please promote my wiki account to admin, i want to translate wiki interface. Also we need to change menu links for better language handling. I can do that. With Special:MyLanguage option menu will be work better. It will send user to chosen language or to english as fallback.
yorik wrote:
Yorik, please weigh in on this.
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
kazan417

Post by kazan417 »

I found some bad translation in fem.ts. First of all displacement (водоизмещение) automatically copied by crowdin from ship.ts, but here should be different word - смещение. This is true for many languages, not just Russian.
I think we can solve it by changing "displacement" in ship.ts source string to "ship displacement"
Moreover many interface strings are not translated: max principal stress, min principal stress, max Shear stress(Tresca), mass flow rate, Network pessure, preq, temperature, user defined equations, calculate and plot, availible result types. Screnshhot in attachment.
Attachments
bad-trabslation.png
bad-trabslation.png (127.08 KiB) Viewed 1554 times
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Thanks @kazan417
Can you please open a ticket on the tracker for this?
kazan417

Post by kazan417 »

ok. 2 ticket created issue #0003901 and issue #0003902
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

kazan417 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:17 pm ok. 2 ticket created issue #0003901 and issue #0003902
Its easy to make source code changes. The point is to get consensus.

issue #0003901 This is up to @bernd to decide.

issue #0003902 Thing here is Ship WB is slated to be removed at some point from FreeCAD core and operate as an external workbench. I know that loooo has been working on that.

PS Thanks for opening the tickets ;)
kazan417

Post by kazan417 »

Kunda1 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:31 pm issue #0003902 Thing here is Ship WB is slated to be removed at some point from FreeCAD core and operate as an external workbench. I know that loooo has been working on that.
So now i see clear solution. Approving translation dispalement as смещение (similar to offset) related to FEM.
Adding term displacement to crowdin (description:similar to offset), adding comment to crowdin, so we should translate this according to term (many languages needs correcting because first appearence of displacement in ship.ts so everyone thinks it is related to ship displacement)
Someone should change "displacement" term in ship workbench to "ship displacement" because it would be more concrete and descriptive.
kazan417

Post by kazan417 »

Now i can understtand why luzpaz compainung "not sure you are fully correct that Crowdin is forcing you to use the same meaning"
In english translation (http://translate.freecad.io/project/freecad/en#) i can add different translation in fem and in ship,
but not in russian (http://translate.freecad.io/project/freecad/ru#). Looks like it is crowdin strange behavior.