MacOS version 500 commits late?

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
looo
Veteran

Re: MacOS version 500 commits late?

Post by looo »

chrisb wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:54 pm It remains the very minor issue with the program name. It looks as if the dereferencing $ of an (environment-)variable is missing. However, if I should decide what to dispense from the whole program, it might well be that menu entry name.
I updated the script to put this information into the "Info.plist". So this should now be FreeCAD-{{ version }}-{{ revision }}
Also I added pyyaml which is needed for some libraries. Size is now 377mb

So again please try:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tcpg7xrvjdun ... Oteia?dl=0
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Everything ok now.
:+1: :+1: :+1:
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Brutha

Post by Brutha »

Hi All,

Doing a little testing on the latest version, a couple of bits of feedback:

1) There doesn't seem to be any spacenavigator 3D mouse support.

2) As others have said, the freezing issue is still there. Interestingly, if I show the package contents, then run the executable there is no freezing (I remember someone else mentioning this before). Running from terminal with open -a still gives freezing though.

Thanks for your builds I do appreciate you effort on this!

Cheers

Leon
Brutha

Post by Brutha »

Just to add, a simple method for launching from terminal is the command:
/Applications/FreeCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/FreeCAD
Which runs without any freezing.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Yes, I guess the bundle must be signed to get accepted... Maybe someone has time for some research...
jmborer

Post by jmborer »

As you may know, you either have to disable 10.14 security completely (need to do that at start) or you can CTRL-Click -> open and accept to run it. Only application published on the Mac Appstore can be signed (you have to register as developper and will get a certificate).

Meanwhile, I downloaded the last build from dropbox and it works. High resolution looks nice!
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 18.49.47.png
Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 18.49.47.png (509.8 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
jmborer

Post by jmborer »

There is still an issue with Draft and Sketcher workbenches when you use scaled (retina) resolution: in the draft workbench you can't get the handles (there is bug open for that) and in the sketcher bench, the selection rectangle is not located at the right position.

Same behaviour in 0.17.

QT supports the different resolution quite well, but it is not yet perfect: when you switch while the application is open. A simple relaunch fixes the toolbars.

Generally, the 3D viewport doesn't like scaled resolutions on MacOS.

How can I attach the videos showing the issue?
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 19.18.36.png
Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 19.18.36.png (353.35 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
Last edited by jmborer on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmborer

Post by jmborer »

Another issue: is the Timber workbench working for yo?

Mine is broken. It works with 0.17.
roncromberge

Post by roncromberge »

jmborer wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:12 pm There is still an issue with Draft and Sketcher workbenches when you use scaled (retina) resolution: in the draft workbench you can't get the handles (there is bug open for that) and in the sketcher bench, the selection rectangle is not located at the right position.

Same behaviour in 0.17.

QT supports the different resolution quite well, but it is not yet perfect: when you switch while the application is open. A simple relaunch fixes the toolbars.

Generally, the 3D viewport doesn't like scaled resolutions on MacOS.

How can I attach the videos showing the issue?

Yes this problem is there. But despite the bright rectangular is way off the selection works.
it is not nice but workable. When releasing the mouse button you see the selection lines and dots are green.
jmborer

Post by jmborer »

Indeed it works. This is fine, but have you tried the draft workbench? You can't select any node of an object. In that case, it is unusable.

My point was that scaled resolution is not properly supported/implemented in the 3D view currently.