Handbook of Geometric Constraint Systems Principles

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Mark Szlazak

Handbook of Geometric Constraint Systems Principles

Post by Mark Szlazak »

Share with interested developers. John Owen co-authored a chapter, he was the creator of the solver licensed by Siemens and used by most commercial CAD software.

Handbook of Geometric Constraint Systems Principles:
Attachments
Screenshot (684).png
Screenshot (684).png (635.99 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Last edited by Mark Szlazak on Thu May 23, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Handbook of Geometric Constraint Systems Principles

Post by kkremitzki »

Do we have permission to redistribute this PDF? It will probably need to be removed otherwise.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

It's not uploaded here, but we may have to remove the image.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

chrisb wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 pm It's not uploaded here, but we may have to remove the image.
The link too, probably...
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Mark Szlazak

Post by Mark Szlazak »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:54 pm
chrisb wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 pm It's not uploaded here, but we may have to remove the image.
The link too, probably...
Ok will do.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You are right, a too quick glance at the link had lead me to the assumption it was a google book.

This link should be safe: https://books.google.de/books?id=3A1mDw ... &q&f=false . It does not contain the whole book.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Abdullah wrote:ping
Abdullah, are you interested in a copy of this book? I would support to buy one, anyone else too?

A paper copy costs new ~230 EUR, an e-Book ~100.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

chrisb wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:44 pm
Abdullah wrote:ping
Abdullah, are you interested in a copy of this book? I would support to buy one, anyone else too?

A paper copy costs new ~230 EUR, an e-Book ~100.
Currently I have in stock five technical books in the pipeline waiting to be read. One of them is a very dense non-linear optimization methods brick (the one that Logari referenced in the code). I also have less time than before.

I appreciate you thought of me. At this time I have to decline the offer, but maybe in the future. I keep in mind that this book exists.

I have the "bad habit" of reading real books as opposed to ebooks. At around 50 cents/page, it is a very expensive book too. I am more used to the 40-100 Euros range.

P.S.: It is a 2018 July book, so probably they are still "skimming the cream". I may get 50% cheaper in a couple of years...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

abdullah wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:22 am I have the "bad habit" of reading real books as opposed to ebooks.
That's what I prefer too, and the high price was the reason why I made this offer. Come back as needed, the offer will stay at least until I get retired, which will be many years in the future.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

abdullah wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:22 am
Currently I have in stock five technical books in the pipeline waiting to be read. One of them is a very dense non-linear optimization methods brick (the one that Logari referenced in the code). I also have less time than before.
Where do I find this reference in the code?