Add ons manager - development and bugs topic

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
mnesarco

Re: Add ons manager - development and bugs topic

Postby mnesarco » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:08 pm

Syres wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:06 am
I deleted the old Wb in it's entirety and installed the new one but unfortunately the new version won't load, Report View output:
Hi Syres, it is fixed now. It was a stupid circular reference.
Syres

Postby Syres » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Yep, confirmed it's all working on both Win and Linux. It doesn't look like you're getting much/any feedback from Mac users??
mnesarco

Postby mnesarco » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:42 pm

Syres wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:37 pm
Yep, confirmed it's all working on both Win and Linux. It doesn't look like you're getting much/any feedback from Mac users??
Yes you are right, the only feedback I have received is from this forum, one issue on github and no more. No Mac users feedback yet.
Syres

Postby Syres » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:51 pm

chrisb wrote: Sorry to trouble you
It would be most appreciated if you could please test the loading of the Extension Manager Wb on your Mac rather than @mnesarco carrying on the development and find out at the last minute that there's a problem with it running on a Mac. You won't see it in the default list of AddonManager so you have to add the repository https://github.com/mnesarco/FreeCAD_ExtMan in the Configure Options section as per:
Extman_addonmanager.jpg
Extman_addonmanager.jpg (109.79 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Thanks in advance
chrisb

Postby chrisb » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:34 pm

I have to admit that I didn't follow this topic. So what should I do?
I have added the repository and after restarting I see in AddonManager that some workbenches can be updated. Update works as well.
Anything else?
vocx

Postby vocx » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:00 pm

chrisb wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:34 pm
...Anything else?
What Syres is asking you to do is to test a new addon manager that mnesarco has created (Extension manager).

Right now, this new addon manager is essentially a workbench. Use the current Addon Manager to add mnesarco's repository, reboot the program, then open the current Addon Manager and look for it in the list of workbenches, it is called "FreeCAD_ExtMan". Once this is installed, you will have the new Extension Manager in the workbench selector. This is a new manager that could replace the current one.
Last edited by vocx on Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
chrisb

Postby chrisb » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:28 pm

Thanks for the explanation, found it as "FreeCAD_ExtMan".

I could use it to install a workbench.

Didn't find a possibility to uninstall.
Didn't find a possibility to sort alphabetically, which could make it difficult to find a certain workbench.
mnesarco

Postby mnesarco » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:35 pm

chrisb wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:28 pm
Found it as "FreeCAD_ExtMan".

I could use it to install a workbench.

Didn't find a possibility to uninstall.
Didn't find a possibility to sort alphabetically, which could make it difficult to find a certain workbench.
Hi chrisb, thanks for taking time into this. This project is a work in progress proposal. There are many things still to be done. The idea is to do early tests on Windows/Linux/Mac to address platform specific problems as soon as possible.
chrisb

Postby chrisb » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:39 pm

I see. So I can confirm that the Mac specific stuff such as access to the network and the filesystem works.
mnesarco

Postby mnesarco » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:41 pm

chrisb wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:39 pm
I see. So I can confirm that the Mac specific stuff such as access to the network and the filesystem works.
Thank you. Great news.