travis.yml

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: travis.yml

Post by triplus »

vocx wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:01 am Are you guys doing something with the Travis cache?
Not yet, that will start to happen after the PR gets merged.

@sgrogan

I see you already created a PR, hopefully that was it.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

triplus wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:30 am I see you already created a PR, hopefully that was it.
Didn't fix it :(
"fight the good fight"
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I took a quick look in the log and noticed a "new banner" providing the Windows version information. Based on that info i found out there was a mayor security flaw discovered and fixed in Windows 10. As the time frame, new Windows release and build issues on Travis starting to emerge overlap, i took a look at the CVE and it mentions Windows CryptoAPI was patched and it now works in a more strict mode. I didn't investigate further, but somehow i feel that curl is likely affected by this change and will need to get patched in the future. Especially if it uses Windows CryptoAPI. Hence lets try this theory out PR.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Nop, that is likely not it. I did in addition test if the LibPack can be downloaded successfully and it can be. The problem is therefore downloading clcache. A few days back this repo was not in archive mode:

https://github.com/frerich/clcache

Maybe that plays a role. @sgrogan could you upload the clcache package to the same location as the LibPack is and we can try after, to download the clcache package from that location.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

triplus wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:40 pm Maybe that plays a role. @sgrogan could you upload the clcache package to the same location as the LibPack is and we can try after, to download the clcache package from that location.
I can, but should I? I'm hesitant to put this on the FreeCAD 0.19_pre page.
"fight the good fight"
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

For testing purposes it doesn't have to be uploaded to 0.19_pre, where do you usually upload testing LibPacks? That should do to.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

triplus wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:18 pm For testing purposes it doesn't have to be uploaded to 0.19_pre, where do you usually upload testing LibPacks? That should do to.

Code: Select all

https://github.com/sgrogan/FreeCAD/releases/download/clcache/clcache-4.2.0.zip
"fight the good fight"
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Nop, that was not it. Will try a few other things and report back.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Will take another look tomorrow, as Travis schedule is a bit busy ATM.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I sorted out all the issues introduced due to Travis updating Windows version and adding some changes to the environment, and us updating LibPack. Windows build job now successfully completes the CMake step. In addition and for now i recommend to disable Windows builds, as there is an upstream Travis issue involved, whenever using cmd.exe /C the build will hang and timeout. I did some basic tests with powershell and it looks like the same issue occurs.

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3025

P.S. Once this PR gets merged i plan to update the one enabling the useage of ccache for GCC builds and in addition i will create a testing oriented PR, we can use after to detect, when Travis upstream issue gets fixed.