How come V0.18.4 had fractional scaling but not v0.19?

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ImLost

How come V0.18.4 had fractional scaling but not v0.19?

Post by ImLost »

Hello,

I noticed between 0.18.4 and 0.19 I can only scale to integer value and not decimal value. Why did this feature get dropped? :cry:

Any chance this feature can come back?
vocx
Veteran

Re: How come V0.18.4 had fractional scaling but not v0.19?

Post by vocx »

ImLost wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:41 pm...
I noticed between 0.18.4 and 0.19 I can only scale to integer value and not decimal value. ...
What are you talking about exactly? FreeCAD has a million tools. Your sentence doesn't mention any tool in particular. It's very hard to understand what you mean when you provide very little information.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

ImLost wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:41 pm Why did this feature get dropped? :cry:
It wasn't dropped. It's a known bug, perhaps a regression. You have to edit the number of decimals in Preferences->Units. You may set it later to the same value as before.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ImLost

Post by ImLost »

@vocx, Under the draft tool set it's one of the tools styled in a blue icon on the far right side. On that note, if there's a different tool that does the same thing, let me know.

@chrisb, that did the trick, thanks. If you can file that bug, thanks.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

ImLost wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:35 am @vocx, Under the draft tool set it's one of the tools styled in a blue icon on the far right side. ...
Blue icon, right side? That's totally unhelpful. There's many blue icons and the position actually changes from computer to computer.

Maybe you mean Draft_Scale? If so, call it by its name.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

There are two scale operations in Draft, one is indeed the Draft->Scale as mentioned by vocx, the other is inside of the Draft Clone, and both behave the same.

Yorik, I think you fixed this already quite some time ago, perhaps a year or so?
yorik wrote:ping
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.