Changes at TravisCI- affecting open source

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bernd
Veteran

Re: Changes at TravisCI- affecting open source

Post by bernd »

PrzemoF wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:31 am Thanks for merging! If we can convince Yourik to complete the setup we could have the CI running on the main repo :)
Let us keep playing and find the best way how it would work. Either use the mirror repository or use a sript and do the mirroring ourself by pulls and pushes in the script. But it has to be some automatic workflow. Than we can disscuss with Yorik.

I like the automaticly mirroring from gitlab, but I have some problems with the CI in this repo. The timelimet does not change even if I set it in the project and in the runner. In your repo it works great.

I may give you rights on the repo (if you would like to play on this repo too) or you try to set up such a mirror repo in your account as well.

bernd
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

damn maximum time limit. In the mirror repo it is set to 7 hours but only 3 hours are used ... https://gitlab.com/berndhahnebach/FreeC ... 1608226867
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

the problem is somewhere else ...

your repo:
screen.png
screen.png (66.86 KiB) Viewed 2548 times

my repo:
screen1.png
screen1.png (66.06 KiB) Viewed 2548 times

in my mirror repo not my local runner is used, but a gitlab runner is used instead, but I did not buy anything to get some quota ... ?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Found it. The shared runners need to be deactivated in the runner section in preferences You did it for your repo ... and only a few minutes later my laptop gets very very hot again ... :D
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

updateting the repository works. As soon as a new commit has been pushed (syncronised) a new job is started for the CI. Seams we are on a good way to could set up a CI again. We do not know if it is a permanent solution, but at least we would have a CI up.

screen.png
screen.png (208.11 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

cool it really works ... My grandpa laptop is to slow thus the pending jobs have been automaticly canceled due to new commits from Yorik just automaticly mirrowed ...

https://gitlab.com/berndhahnebach/FreeCAD/-/jobs

screen.png
screen.png (50.01 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Przemo, you really did a great job :D
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

This is awesome work, @bernd and @PrzemoF, thank you for undertaking the task! I've missed having TravisCI to double-check my PRs on various compilers! It seems at this point maybe we are ready to contribute more community resources to this project? I may be able to get some small amount of computing resources here at the library to participate, if you can point me to instructions on how to get set up.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

Also, is there a "[noci]" tag or something we can put in commits and/or pull requests when they don't affect the code? I just pushed a change to one of the tools, there's no reason to burn your CPU time checking that one...
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

chennes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:12 pm This is awesome work, @bernd and @PrzemoF, thank you for undertaking the task! I've missed having TravisCI to double-check my PRs on various compilers! It seems at this point maybe we are ready to contribute more community resources to this project? I may be able to get some small amount of computing resources here at the library to participate, if you can point me to instructions on how to get set up.
thanks for the offer. There are various ideas around. Nothing is decided yet. ATM it is important to get something up and running even if it is not permanent. I will keep this in mind.
chennes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:35 pm Also, is there a "[noci]" tag or something we can put in commits and/or pull requests when they don't affect the code?
No idea ATM, but ATM I am happy to get commits to see if everything works fine. But this is important once everything runs.

cheers bernd