Progress thread of New Design456 Workbench - FreeCAD's Direct Modeling workbench

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mariwan

Re: Progress thread of New Design456 Workbench - FreeCAD's Direct Modeling workbench

Post by mariwan »

deleted
Last edited by mariwan on Mon May 03, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hyarion

Re: Progress thread of New Design456 Workbench - FreeCAD's Direct Modeling workbench

Post by hyarion »

marja1 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:53 pm It is not so easy to start understanding a system that no one help you, no real examples .. no real documentation. My journey with FreeCAD is verrrrrrrrry slow unfortunately. I don't think I should blame python (as I am new in python language), nor understanding the CPP code.
But it is about how people develop great libraries .. but they put no effort in documenting what they do. Very bad habit. I hope you don't become angry if you are one of them.. rather than that .. you need to think about it.
You are correct in that documentation could be improved. The issue with many projects are that once you start to learn them you don't really see that what is missing anymore.
Feel free add documentation where you think it is needed. It would be appreciated by many :)

I'm sorry that you feel that no one is helping you. I thought you got the help you needed in the other thread.
Regarding examples - the whole source tree is full of them, just a git grep away :)
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

Coin is extremely well documented, as it is an open inventor implementation. Have a look at "inventor mentor" for a good resource. Also the coin API doc is is pretty good. And pivy is basically 1:1 API in python, very similar to the c++ API docs.
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

ickby wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:50 pm Coin is extremely well documented, as it is an open inventor implementation. Have a look at "inventor mentor" for a good resource. Also the coin API doc is is pretty good. And pivy is basically 1:1 API in python, very similar to the c++ API docs.
Not really,
Look at here :
https://developer.openinventor.com/refm ... Event.html
There must be these events.

Code: Select all

SoButtonEvent, SoGestureEvent, SoLocation2Event, SoMotion3Event, SoMouseWheelEvent, SoTouchEvent, SoTrackerEvent
Try in FreeCad console :
pivy.coin.SoMouseWheelEvent or SoTouchEvent ..etc
There isn't any.
Only telling about how the classes are made is not a real documentation. You have to give a real worlds example how to use each API. That is missing. It doesn't help me when the api tell me what each api do .. while you don't know how the system is working and how to use it in real code.
I asked the forum .. several days no one answer a simple question .. the question was how would you translate coin.SoRayPickAction to the actual node user clicked.. No one could answer the question. I know the answer now, as I could find a solution (might be wrong but it works. ) So, it is not easy ..
When I started learning cpp for many years ago (2002) .. The best and perfect project which helped me very much .. was FLTK GUI toolkit. I still se it the best cpp project ever .. Very very well documented, with examples and easy to understand the structure.
That should be the way to document projects. with examples .. not just the class definitions.IMHO
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

deleted
Last edited by mariwan on Mon May 03, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

Not easy to work in a project where people rather than helping you in your goal, try to find a way to hurt you.
They want you to be a writer before you ask any question or present anything.
They uses microscope to find any word, sentence you wrote wrong, or misspelled.

So having my sentence not perfectly aligned with your mother tong language shouldn't give you an accuse to hurt me.
This forum made me so sad that I really don't want to ask, present anything here.

Laugh as much as you wish .. English is my fourth language ...
I thought you are high level educated, high scale people who welcome other developers to join, who care about the work a person do rather than their other things, who cares about collaboration rather than finding your miss.

You really killed my energy to work on my project. In several days, I could write nothing code.
Thanks for your ...
Last edited by mariwan on Mon May 03, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Meetlat

Post by Meetlat »

Please Ping me when I can be of any help with translating the German text from Microelly2 code.
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

Meetlat wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:35 am Please Ping me when I can be of any help with translating the German text from Microelly2 code.
That's great. I will let you know thank you very much
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

Workspace tools is working, light on, off ..etc.
I have a problem how to use the tools. You might know how to use them. When I finish all, I need your help if you have been using these tools or know how he used them.
phpBB [video]
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

I managed to fix pyth2 issue with Image - to - Cylinder face
This is a great command/tool
you can use it already now in the nurbs branch.
phpBB [video]
Attachments
image to cylinder.png
image to cylinder.png (293.36 KiB) Viewed 3492 times