Progress thread of New Design456 Workbench - FreeCAD's Direct Modeling workbench

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mario52
Veteran

Re: Progress thread of New Design456 Workbench - FreeCAD's Direct Modeling workbench

Post by mario52 »

hi

here two macros in rapport with your workbench Copy a sliced of part

1: Macro_D_Un_Jour_Raccord_2_Objects_By_Its_Faces raccord 2 objects by faces selected (without touch the original objects)

2: Macro_D_Un_Jour_Common_Substraction_Intersection create Common Substraction Intersection Fusion (without touch the original objects)

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
mariwan

Re: Progress thread of New Design456 Workbench - FreeCAD's Direct Modeling workbench

Post by mariwan »

Updating 2D cut, common, join
some bug fixed
phpBB [video]
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

In your approach I am missing the parametric part. All objects seem to be "dumb" objects where you cannot make later changes based on previously set parameters. Is this correct that you treat objects like e.g. a historyless simple copy starting every change from scratch?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
hyarion

Post by hyarion »

chrisb wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:40 pm In your approach I am missing the parametric part. All objects seem to be "dumb" objects where you cannot make later changes based on previously set parameters. Is this correct that you treat objects like e.g. a historyless simple copy starting every change from scratch?
Isn’t this like the definition of direct modeling?
Not being constrained by history and parameters and free to do changes to the model directly instead of doing them on the feature tree.
It doesn’t need to be either or, they are good at different things. For some, direct modeling can be utilized for rapid prototyping and parametric design for configurable designs.

As a programmer, I prefer to think and design parametricly but direct modeling could be nice for adjusting step models where the model already is “dumb”.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

hyarion wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:03 am Isn’t this like the definition of direct modeling?
From a user's point of view yes, but that's not how it has to be in the model. I am not familiar with PTC/Creo, but I think they have direct modeling just as a user interface. That has the advantage that you can switch at any time to parametric modeling.
It is like drawing in Paint, but underneath you get a vector drawing.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi
parametric
with the two macros you have one option:

Code: Select all

#### Config Begin ####
switchRemoveConstructionObject = 0    # if 0 not removed creation objects 1=remove objects
#### Config End ####
if the switch = 0 you conserve the total construction + the single object
if the switch = 1 the construction is deleted for conserve uniquely the single object

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for the explanation!
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

You all please,
Don't discuss any things here. This thread is just for announcing my progress.
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

deleted
Attachments
Firstlook.JPG
Firstlook.JPG (375.09 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
Last edited by mariwan on Mon May 03, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

Many new commands added.
Last edited by mariwan on Mon May 03, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.