Time we finally decide on a release structure for FC?

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Time we finally decide on a release structure for FC?

Post by Kunda1 »

sgrogan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:30 pm
Kunda1 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:18 pm OK, but we just broke a lot of downstream links.
The old link should auto-redirect.
does it redirect if you query the API for FreeCAD-AppImage ?

Edit: what sucks is that we should of also renamed weekly-builds branch to continuous (per the suggestion of antony-jr) before renaming the repo
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
antonyjr

Post by antonyjr »

Kunda1 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:50 pm
sgrogan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:30 pm
Kunda1 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:18 pm OK, but we just broke a lot of downstream links.
The old link should auto-redirect.
does it redirect if you query the API for FreeCAD-AppImage ?

Edit: what sucks is that we should of also renamed weekly-builds branch to continuous (per the suggestion of antony-jr) before renaming the repo
Sorry I don't remember suggesting we rename weekly-builds, what are you referring to?
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

Just a note:

I'm using AppImages, and auto-updating did not occur when passing from 0.19 in dev state to the 0.19 stable.

Will this change affect this behaviour, to be more clear, AppImages are handy as they could be update without downloading 800 or more Mb of data as not every user have an illimitated connection, and some have paid connection with a limited amount of data included.

So having to redownload the entire AppImage when the dev became stable, (from what I know they are simple incremental changes using the smae codebase), will save a lot of data.

TIA and Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

sgrogan wrote:
Sorry to be bothering but can we please keep a more consistent naming going forward?
https://github.com/chocolatey-community ... -827390154
The FreeCAD devs are clearly trolling us. Instead of the installer ending in 'WIN-x64-installer-1.exe' like last time, now it is just 'WIN-x64-installer1.exe', so the fix from the last version won't work. AAAAARGH!!!!! (I updated my instructions on the FreeCAD page in the comment section so folks can still update it.)
IMO the installer name shouldn't even change when it's reuploaded but if it's going to change let's at least change it with a consistent naming.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

:facepalm:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Yeah this is quite bothersome for me as a Chocolatey user. Why rename it at all every time? :?