Feature freeze is over - FreeCAD 0.20 was released

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: [announcement] FreeCAD 0.20 will be released soon - time for a feature freeze

Post by Kunda1 »

madcello wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:09 pm Good afternoon. I'm a first time user, but can help translating to Portuguese the documentation page. From what I've seen, it's almost all in English, yet.
Are you referring to the wiki ? (if so you can PM me with a valid email and I'll set you up with translation privileges)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
GAZ082

Re: [announcement] FreeCAD 0.20 will be released soon - time for a feature freeze

Post by GAZ082 »

marcin86 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:53 am Hello,

I just have one comment regarding name version 0.20 or 0.2 or 0.17. When I promote this software in my design areas - work / job partners / friends they think: "hmm 0.12, 0,15 - probably some super alfa version with thousand bugs"...
Well, dont know if officially is in beta, but its not rock solid yet. I would not promote it in any other environment than hobby projects.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

GAZ082 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:54 pm Well, dont know if officially is in beta, but its not rock solid yet. I would not promote it in any other environment than hobby projects.
"Not rock solid" doesn't say much. Please describe the issues in detail so that they can either be fixed, or at least documented.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

openBrain wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:22 am What should we do about https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67598 :?:
This must be fixed. However, it's a packaging problem and since there are many ways to configure the doc directory it's probably best to build the file as a Qt resource so that it's part of the shared library.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

wmayer wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:16 pm build the file as a Qt resource so that it's part of the shared library.
This looks as a great idea. ;)
GAZ082

Post by GAZ082 »

chrisb wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:17 pm "Not rock solid" doesn't say much. Please describe the issues in detail so that they can either be fixed, or at least documented.
Of course I had reported some bugs, but year after year every time I use the software for a couple of hours some issue arises or something annoyed has not been fixed for years for example the comma/dot conversion in decimal measure input.

I had high expectations with the 0.2 release but now that realthunders code is going to be merged in 0.21 I will have to wait to that version to give free cad a real go again
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

GAZ082 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:44 pm Of course I had reported some bugs
really? where?
or something annoyed has not been fixed for years for example the comma/dot conversion in decimal measure input.
actually that kinda got addressed this version...
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

wmayer wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:16 pm This must be fixed. However, it's a packaging problem and since there are many ways to configure the doc directory it's probably best to build the file as a Qt resource so that it's part of the shared library.
The only reason that file was put in Docs in the first place was because it seemed like an easy solution for making sure it was getting installed. Since that is not in fact the case, it probably doesn't belong there anymore. I can compile it into a resource, I think that's a great solution. Do you have a preference about whether the text file gets put at the top level, or down with the other Gui resources?
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

chennes wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:59 pm Do you have a preference about whether the text file gets put at the top level, or down with the other Gui resources?
Maybe create a new "text" folder at the root and place credits and license inside it ?