some wishes

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
udhay111

some wishes

Post by udhay111 »

Guys (FreeCAD Developer team) you are doing great job. :D
Please fix topological naming problen in freecad 1.0 as I am using Freecad for bim projects.
Please add more options related to AEC industry mainly bring multimaterials to lot of structural items
by the way reinforcement wb is awesome also add steel connection wb and HVAC wb it will master changer who are searching for alternative to Revit who don't want to pay hefty price of perpetual license meaning true open source.
Already fastener wb is there but Simple interface to add steel connection as whole with gusset plate, welding it will also benefit other Mechanical work flow to run 3d milling.
Last edited by udhay111 on Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Release notes for FreeCAD 1.0

Post by Kunda1 »

udhay111 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:33 pm Please fix topological naming problen in freecad 1.0 as I am using Freecad for bim projects.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 24#p604324
udhay111 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:33 pm Please add more options related to AEC industry mainly bring multimaterials to lot of structural items
Please participate in the Arch/BIM/IFC subforums.
udhay111 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:33 pm by the way reinforcement wb is awesome also add steel connection wb and HVAC wb it will master changer who are searching for alternative to Revit who don't want to pay hefty price of perpetual license meaning true open source.
Reinforcement is a separate workbench https://github.com/amrit3701/FreeCAD-Reinforcement
Please open tickets on that issue queue
udhay111 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:33 pm Already fastener wb is there but Simple interface to add steel connection as whole with gusset plate, welding it will also benefit other Mechanical work flow to run 3d milling.
Fasteners is a separate workbench. Please participate on https://github.com/shaise/FreeCAD_FastenersWB/
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

Kunda1 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:37 am
udhay111 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:33 pm Please fix topological naming problen in freecad 1.0 as I am using Freecad for bim projects.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 24#p604324
@Kunda1 : I admire your patience. You must have been some sort of Zen-übergourou in a previous life
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Zolko wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:47 am @Kunda1 : I admire your patience. You must have been some sort of Zen-übergourou in a previous life
Previous life?! How about this one? :lol: :mrgreen:

I try my best (don't always succeed) to not collapse possibilities. You never know who will wander in to the forum. Lots of engineer-types have big ego issues and fix-it mentalities that can really trigger problems in relating to them. But most of them are coming from a well-intentioned place, the challenge is to see beyond their sub-par social skills and not take what they say personally (even if it is personal for them). People come in here and start throwing their experience around in order to gain respect, they find faults and provide verbal solutions without asking what our thoughts are on the subject or what has been done to address them. I might of been one of those people a long time ago, when I was 'untrained' in the way of connecting to open source communities.

I couldn't imagine myself going in to a forum and saying 'Hey, Love this software but what gives about X, Y, Z? Y'all should really spend your time fixing those things. Is that not obvious after 20+ years of working on this project?'

No. Instead I'd take the time to ask about this historical context of how things evolved to where they are today. I'd ask if someone could direct me to
forum threads that could 'get me up to speed' on where development is on this or that subject. It's just the respectful thing to do. I love meeting people who do this. There is a thoughtfulness and mutual respect there. But it takes patience and giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, thanks for the sentiment. I'll get off my soapbox now :mrgreen:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

Offtopic mode=1
Kunda1 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:28 pm Lots of engineer-types have big ego issues and fix-it mentalities that can really trigger problems in relating to them.
Sooooo true....

Be nice and patient is the solution for sure, in every situation.
@Kunda1 is a role model on this point.

Offtopic mode=0